GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
kayneoTheRisingWarrior

Askren responds to White Empty Askren responds to White

Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:38 pm
(Dana) said he was interested two months ago, nothing had changed. We will see what happens.”

“Dana’s a businessman, so I’m sure he sees the value that I can bring to the organization because they haven’t brought in a high-level 170-pounder in a while, so I think it would bring a lot of new and exciting matchups to the division."

The 29-year-old fighter also labeled himself the No. 6 170-pound fighter. His ideal scenario, however, is to fight immediately for a title.

But if they offer me someone else good, Condit, Shields or whoever, I’m good with that,” said Askren. “Obviously, 3]]I don’t want to have to fight a couple of scrubs.”[/u]

Asked whether a move to the UFC was in the back of his mind during talks with Bellator, he said, “It’s always in my mind that I want to be the No. 1 fighter in the world, and however I can accomplish that, I’ll accomplish that.”

http://mmajunkie.com/2013/11/14/ex-bellator-champ-ben-askren-addresses-dana-whites-apparent-disinterest/
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum