GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vale Tudo Japan: VTJ 4th Results & Discussion

+7
MR.WILLIE
God of Thunder
adam
KSW
CDF47
wekka
Adax
11 posters
Go down
Adax

Vale Tudo Japan: VTJ 4th Results & Discussion Empty Vale Tudo Japan: VTJ 4th Results & Discussion

Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:53 pm
Vale Tudo Japan: VTJ 4th Results & Discussion 19119611

Ota City General Gymnasium, Ota, Tokyo, Japan

Results:

Hiroyuki Takaya defeats Yojiro Uchimura by KO, rd 1
Caol Uno defeats Jesse Brock by Unanimous Decision
Naoyuki Kotani defeats Yoshihiro Koyama by Unanimous Decision
Ryuichi Miki defeats Yoshiro Maeda by Unanimous Decision
Czar Sklavos defeats Mamoru Yamaguchi by Submission, RNC, rd 1, 1:28
Hiromasa Ogikubo defeats Takeshi Kasugai by Majority Decision
Kana Hyatt defeats Freddy Arteaga by Unanimous Decision
Kim Jae-Woong defeats Wataru Miki by Unanimous Decision

Kengo Ura defeats Daisuke Hoshino by Split Decision
Yuta Sasaki defeats Teruto Ishihara by Submission, RNC, rd 2
Katsuya Murofushi defeats Hidenobu Izena by Unanimous Decision
Joji Mikami defeats Kazushi Okutsu by Unanimous Decision
Yuki Suzuki defeats Makoto Maeda by Unanimous Decision

wekka
wekka

Vale Tudo Japan: VTJ 4th Results & Discussion Empty Re: Vale Tudo Japan: VTJ 4th Results & Discussion

Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:06 pm
I'm hoping Maeda and Miki are part of the one night tournament.

Maybe Sasaki is good to go for a fight with Ogikubo, too. Osawa or Tamura would also be acceptable.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Vale Tudo Japan: VTJ 4th Results & Discussion Empty Re: Vale Tudo Japan: VTJ 4th Results & Discussion

Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:10 am
Card is looking good. Kotani by sub of course.
KSW
KSW

Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:25 am
Do you have a nice poster for this so we can put it on the homepage?
Adax

Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:05 am
KSW wrote:Do you have a nice poster for this so we can put it on the homepage?

I haven't been able to find an official poster for this one yet.
adam
adam

Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:34 pm
super stoked

war kotani and wicky
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:35 pm
Vale Tudo Japan: VTJ 4th Results & Discussion 1604580_584250004996744_1796914644_n
wekka
wekka

Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:54 pm
Kotani's been on fire, so I feel inclined to pick him.

I don't see Takaya's night ending well. Uchimura is a very strong, younger featherweight and i'm honestly expecting him to TKO Takaya.

Match made in heaven for Sasaki, imo. Purely a showcase bout. It's unfortunate Ogikubo dropped to 135, because that would've been a fantastic fight.

Don't really know who to pick in Ura x Hoshino. I'll go with Ura based purely on a gut feeling.

Uno's fight with Brock looks to be deceptively tough. Uno, I believe, is still a very high level fighter, but he always has the tendency of getting outmuscled or fighting below his level. I still think Uno will do enough to get the win, possibly even by submission.

Hyatt/Arteaga is also a difficult fight to pick, as both aren't exactly impressive. Hyatt is more experienced and has fought tougher competition, so the smart pick would be him.

Mamoru desperately needs a win and Shooto sees that by booking this fight with Sklavos. Mamoru is clearly the better fighter but Sklavos has potential of being tough and has shown to fight takedowns decently. Wouldn't be surprised to see Sklavos pick up the victory but i'll take Mamoru in a safe performance.

Kasugai is somewhat of an unsung hero in Japan's flyweight ranks, as he's been consistently good over the past few years, although his level of opposition leaves something to be desired. Ogikubo was a top 5 JMMA bantamweight, imo, so he could be a huge threat at 125 possibly. Who knows how he'll adjust to the weight cut, but Ogikubo has championship experience and has done well against tough competition. Expect a rousing performance.

Miki x Maeda is truly a main event worthy fight. Miki has done extremely well since his loss to Ochi and Maeda looked good in his flyweight debut. I kind of hate this match-up, as this is also a tournament final worthy match and it's a shame one of these guys won't make it past the opening round. Maeda takes it.
MR.WILLIE

Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:32 pm
I agree wekka Brock is a really tough test for uno
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:35 am
Vale tudo Japan VTJ 4TH Live Stream http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv168522676
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:38 pm
^Great news this will be streamed
Slugger O'Toole
Slugger O'Toole

Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:25 am
Probably gonna buy this.
According to nico broadcast starts at 1:30 AM eastern time on saturday night sunday morning. and the stream costs 10 bucks.
Should be fun.
Slugger O'Toole
Slugger O'Toole

Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:29 am
Its a shame this is in a cage though. It really detracts from the mystique that old VTJs had.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:55 pm
^Agreed, should be in the ring for sure.

I will probably buy this as well. Card is stacked and worth $10.
wekka
wekka

Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:17 pm
Slugger O'Toole wrote:Its a shame this is in a cage though. It really detracts from the mystique that old VTJs had.

I think the fact that we don't have 8 man, openweight, vale tudo one night tournaments took the mystique away from VTJ.
Slugger O'Toole
Slugger O'Toole

Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:17 am
wekka wrote:
Slugger O'Toole wrote:Its a shame this is in a cage though. It really detracts from the mystique that old VTJs had.

I think the fact that we don't have 8 man, openweight, vale tudo one night tournaments took the mystique away from VTJ.

Its not open weight but there is an 8 man one night tournament right? And a pretty damn good one by current JMMA standards.
wekka
wekka

Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:57 pm
Slugger O'Toole wrote:
wekka wrote:

Its not open weight but there is an 8 man one night tournament right?  And a pretty damn good one by current JMMA standards.

I think the plan was originally an one night tournament, but it'll just be the quarterfinals now. The semis and final will be events to themselves.

Also, Hideo Tokoro was supposed to be a part of this, fighting Kana Hyatt but Tokoro is currently upset with Shooto management over the Campuzano fight.
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
kayneoTheRisingWarrior

Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:58 am
Vale Tudo Japan: VTJ 4th Results & Discussion BhDuVU_CAAAEyib
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:06 am
Results:

adam
adam

Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:20 pm
pretty good card
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:05 am
Cool that Takaya returned to the win column and Uno added another win.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:32 pm
Golden Age wrote:Results:

Glad Uno, Takaya, and Kotani got the wins.  Yamaguchi submitted 1st round.  Didn't expect that.
wekka
wekka

Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:13 am
Takaya getting back in the win column was a pleasant surprise. I honestly didn't expect his chin to hold up. Don't really know what's next for him, though. Hopefully they keep him away from Uno.

Kotani has really hit his peak in the last two years. I'd like to see him face the winner of ISAO/Hironaka in Pancrase. Koyama fought terribly and like a wuss.

Miki has turned into a force. A fight with Ogikubo would be bonkers.

Mamoru needs to retire, 125 has quickly evolved beyond him.

Sasaki kicks major ass and needs bigger fights, immediately. I think he's ready to move beyond Shooto.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:44 am
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:51 pm
wekka wrote:Takaya getting back in the win column was a pleasant surprise. I honestly didn't expect his chin to hold up. Don't really know what's next for him, though. Hopefully they keep him away from Uno.

Kotani has really hit his peak in the last two years. I'd like to see him face the winner of ISAO/Hironaka in Pancrase. Koyama fought terribly and like a wuss.

Miki has turned into a force. A fight with Ogikubo would be bonkers.

Mamoru needs to retire, 125 has quickly evolved beyond him.

Sasaki kicks major ass and needs bigger fights, immediately. I think he's ready to move beyond Shooto.

Agreed, Kotani vs. Isao is the fight to make.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum