GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC 168: Weidman vs. Silva 2 Results & Discussion

+14
CDF47
Heretic
backdoor to zuffa
Dagwood
nodogoshi
doubledx2c
eXtv
fka
RussianTopTeam
wekka
adam
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
Adax
KSW
18 posters
Go down
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

UFC 168: Weidman vs. Silva 2 Results & Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: UFC 168: Weidman vs. Silva 2 Results & Discussion

Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:08 pm
eXtv wrote:
KSW wrote:
nodogoshi wrote:Just for reference:
UFC 168: Weidman vs. Silva 2 Results & Discussion - Page 4 000

Personally, I thought the elbows were legal.
The question is, do you think it should be legal? Do you like this technique?

The no 12-6 elbow rule is stupid to begin with. And I like Browne's technique, it will prevent guys from stalling against the cage fishing for a takedown.

Agreed
KSW
KSW

UFC 168: Weidman vs. Silva 2 Results & Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: UFC 168: Weidman vs. Silva 2 Results & Discussion

Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:27 am
CDF47 wrote:
KSW wrote:
CDF47 wrote:Legal elbow strikes from Browne.  Good win for him.  That's his new signature move.  I always thought fighters should use this more.  Feijao and Browne are the best at it.
What´s the difference between Brownes elbows and illegal 12-6 elbows and where does the back of the head begin in your opinion? Disgusting technique from Browne, I can´t believe you like that.

12-6 is where the elbow is lifted straight in the air and dropped straight down to the head (like in Jon Jones vs. Hamill fight where there was a DQ).

These were not 12-6.  

The back of the head is behind the ears and up.  There is a picture of it somewhere defining the back of the head.  The Unified Rules describe it.  I think these shots were clean and are a good weapon in MMA that should be used more.
I know what the 12-6 is. My point is what Browne does is just as dangerous and I´m against brutality. I  watch mma to see beautiful world class techniques and I´m not interested in seeing athletes getting their skulls crushed or bleeding like pigs.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum