GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M1 Global: Vadim Finkelstein offers Cain Velasquez / UFC a deal they cant refuse

+12
Adax
Lovable Rogue
RussianTopTeam
Zuffa_Informant
Dapperdoo
Apres Moi
ZuffaKiller
Dagwood
brace
Kinosis
KSW
monaroCountry
16 posters
Go down
ZuffaKiller

M1 Global: Vadim Finkelstein offers Cain Velasquez / UFC a deal they cant refuse - Page 2 Empty Re: M1 Global: Vadim Finkelstein offers Cain Velasquez / UFC a deal they cant refuse

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:08 pm
I highly doubt Fedor is willing to sacrifice his likeness right to zuffa or his freedom.
brace
brace

M1 Global: Vadim Finkelstein offers Cain Velasquez / UFC a deal they cant refuse - Page 2 Empty Re: M1 Global: Vadim Finkelstein offers Cain Velasquez / UFC a deal they cant refuse

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:09 pm
lol interesting times. let's see how it plays out..
brace
brace

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:11 pm
If Fedor signs any kind of Zuffa contract I doubt his likeness will be on the line.
Apres Moi
Apres Moi

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:15 pm
monaroCountry wrote:
Fedor money in Japan also stretches (not as much as Sapp or the Japanese heros though). Have you seen how many commercials Fedor has had in Asia? even their Sneakers ad has Fedor, and Fedor only does these commercials when he goes there, which he hasnt for a while now.

Still, your right though it would take allot of coaxing for Cain to leave the UFC. Worse comes to worse its still a win for M1 and hopefully a win for Cain (when UFC bumps up his pay).

Fedor is in a league of his own.

M1 Global: Vadim Finkelstein offers Cain Velasquez / UFC a deal they cant refuse - Page 2 Stary-Oskol-Gym
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:16 pm
i hope that Fedor only fights in Russia and Japan from now on, everything just feels that more epic everytime this happens
ZuffaKiller

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:18 pm
brace wrote:If Fedor signs any kind of Zuffa contract I doubt his likeness will be on the line.

Come on this is zuffa were talking about when you sign that dotted line they own you. A couple of years ago when they were making that game(no fighters were paid to be in the game on like in EAMMA) jon fitch refused to sign his likeness rights for the game and zuffa cut him as a result. He then ended up signing them away and zuffa took him back.

I don't think it would be any different with Fedor.
You either play ball with them or you don't play at all.
Apres Moi
Apres Moi

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:22 pm
Zuffa_Informant wrote:
@evgenikogan no co promotion, no stadium, no signed m1 fighters. Just a Fedor contract?

lol at the insinuated demands made by M1.
brace
brace

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:28 pm
Fedor in a cage is like making out with your sister, just seems wrong..
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:40 pm
the BBF would NEVER accept another challenge after what happened to him losing the $100,000 bet to the former Pride FC president after Chuck Lidell lost to Rampage
Zuffa_Informant

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:42 pm
I think this would be stupid of m-1 at this point in Fedor's career. They should use Fedor to try and build their organization in Russia without zuffa influence. They already sold out an arena and the ticket prices weren't cheap. Most of the fights ended by KO and the people got to see Fedor in action. All the fights were entertaining regardless of what the faggots on shitdog tell you.

The smart thing to do is to try and steal top fighters from zuffa and hold other events in Russia imo. Try and have a werdum rematch and if Golden Glory has issues with Kharitonov signing with zuffa I could see m-1 promoting two of Russias best in Fedor vs Sergei.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:59 pm
i pray to God that Fedor vs Kharitonov never happens, shit would be too sad to watch. I'd love to see Kharitonov vs Aleks rematch however
Lovable Rogue

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:50 pm
This would be amazing if it happened. But, I really don't think it will. From the UFC's perspective, they in no way need to meet the challenges made by M-1 or anyone else. All they need to do is badmouth the fighter and/or organization making that challenge, and enough haters will enthusiastically accept whatever they say. Thus, they have a large, assured customer base in North America.

If Fedor beats Cain, the credibility of the UFC's claim of superiority will be a bit diminished. Also, M-1's profile will be raised in North America. They won't want that risk. The UFC will throw its weight against this deal.

However, if M-1 officially makes an offer to Cain, it may well give him more leverage against the UFC in their future negotiations, and the UFC will resent that, I imagine.

Zuffa_Informant

Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:58 pm
RussianTopTeam wrote:i pray to God that Fedor vs Kharitonov never happens, shit would be too sad to watch. I'd love to see Kharitonov vs Aleks rematch however

That fight would definitely make money in Russia. Maybe having Fedor vs someone in the main event, Kharitonov vs someone co main event would be even better, Alex could also fight on the card. The main point is to circulate a buzz on the Russian mma scene and create a solid fan base for the sport and promotion.
monaroCountry

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:10 am
Zuffa_Informant wrote:
brace wrote:
Zuffa_Informant wrote:It looks like Kogan wants to sign Fedor to the Ufc with no co promotion.

http://twitter.com/#!/evgenikogan

@Dan_Plunkett @danawhite Not necessarily co-promotion. We just want to see this fight happen, that's all. No craziness, no weird terms.

No copromotion for the UFC, or M-1? It seems like M1 just want to do their own show with Cain in Russia without the UFC.. lol

I think he just wants to give Fedor to the Ufc.

AdamMillerUK Adam Miller
@
@evgenikogan no co promotion, no stadium, no signed m1 fighters. Just a Fedor contract?

@AdamMillerUK If that's what it takes. It's time for things to be put right.

Your exactly right

*No copromotion necessary = but it seems like Vadim (big boss) wants it in their turn with M1 as the promoter. UFC need not be involved.
*No stadiums = There was never a stadium involved in any of Fedor's negotiations, only a duffus zombie believe this rumor lol.

So lets see if Dana takes the bait shall we? afterall Dana and the UFC has always said that they want to showcase the best fights. After the Fedor fight, M1 now knows that a Fedor v ??? under M1-Global would be a hit in Russian soil.
monaroCountry

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:13 am
ZuffaKiller wrote:
brace wrote:If Fedor signs any kind of Zuffa contract I doubt his likeness will be on the line.

Come on this is zuffa were talking about when you sign that dotted line they own you. A couple of years ago when they were making that game(no fighters were paid to be in the game on like in EAMMA) jon fitch refused to sign his likeness rights for the game and zuffa cut him as a result. He then ended up signing them away and zuffa took him back.

I don't think it would be any different with Fedor.
You either play ball with them or you don't play at all.

Unless your name is Fedor.

Whats Dana's mafia henchmen going to do when Putin's death squad comes on knocking affraid affraid ?
Adax

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:16 am
brace wrote:Fedor in a cage is like making out with your sister, just seems wrong..

Laughing great way to put it brace, hah.

unfortunately, there's always gonna be some weird people out there that actually want to see someone make out with their sister though and you can't do anything to change their minds M1 Global: Vadim Finkelstein offers Cain Velasquez / UFC a deal they cant refuse - Page 2 438321
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:22 am
Dana and his goons are blacklisted from entering Russian soil, i doubt Dana will agree to this deal, he will most likely demand stupid shit like..."UFC logo must be shown inside of a Ring" or "all fighters must wear gloves that say UFC on them" one thing is for sure though, he will demand that all media rights will be owned by Zuffa.
Kinosis
Kinosis

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:26 am
Dana won't accept it. He wants to claim he has the best without ever actually proving it. Stupid zombies will just listen to whatever he says. Strikeforce fighters and WEC fighters have been coming in and cleaning house in the ufc.
Adax

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:35 am
yeah honestly guys, i can't even force myself to imagine something like this coming into actuality. i don't think it'll happen which is good because wouldn't really want it to. silent
monaroCountry

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:44 am
RussianTopTeam wrote:the BBF would NEVER accept another challenge after what happened to him losing the $100,000 bet to the former Pride FC president after Chuck Lidell lost to Rampage

They got scared of competition after that little incident. That wasnt Zuffa money too (although Zuffa lost big time) that $100k was Dana money and not his little friends Razz

I think this would be stupid of m-1 at this point in Fedor's career. They should use Fedor to try and build their organization in Russia without zuffa influence. They already sold out an arena and the ticket prices weren't cheap. Most of the fights ended by KO and the people got to see Fedor in action. All the fights were entertaining regardless of what the faggots on shitdog tell you.

The smart thing to do is to try and steal top fighters from zuffa and hold other events in Russia imo. Try and have a werdum rematch and if Golden Glory has issues with Kharitonov signing with zuffa I could see m-1 promoting two of Russias best in Fedor vs Sergei.

Contrary to what zombies tell you, M1 has never protected Fedor from top competition. The only times Fedor has fought less than stellar comps has been during the NYE events and this is only because people in America/Zuffa dont understand what the NYE event represents to the Japanese and its fans.

M1 has been going from strength to strength through their Challenge events without Fedor, especially in Russia. M1 has never relied on Fedor for its bread and butter but its obvious that both Fedor and M1 do have the same goals of growing MMA through working together, and growing MMA especially in Russia and surrounding areas.

i pray to God that Fedor vs Kharitonov never happens, shit would be too sad to watch. I'd love to see Kharitonov vs Aleks rematch however

Id go with Fedor but only just, Sergei is a top fighter, a top guy, and a top Russian. I rate Sergei higher than Cain and JDS (simply because of experince and their styles with all three predominantly strikers, Sergei is however a more accomplished striker than Cain and JDS combined).

Kharitonov versus Alex would be a better fight for starters, settle their history once and for all.

That fight would definitely make money in Russia. Maybe having Fedor vs someone in the main event, Kharitonov vs someone co main event would be even better, Alex could also fight on the card. The main point is to circulate a buzz on the Russian mma scene and create a solid fan base for the sport and promotion.

Trust me Fedor can carry the event himself and doesnt need Sergei. Sergei is also popular enough to carry an event by himself, couple him with Alex and his event might even surpass Fedor's. Russians do know of the bad blood between the two and for them this fight would be more interesting.

monaroCountry

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:47 am
AudaxPowder wrote:yeah honestly guys, i can't even force myself to imagine something like this coming into actuality. i don't think it'll happen which is good because wouldn't really want it to. silent

Thats the beauty, if it happens then its great for M1/Fedor.

If it doesnt happen then its also good for M1, because they are forcing their competitor to up their fighter salary.

Either way this is also great for Cain. People should know that an in demand worker can demand more from their employer.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:52 am
Sergei vs Guram for the M-1 HW strap needs to happen
monaroCountry

Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:16 am
RussianTopTeam wrote:Sergei vs Guram for the M-1 HW strap needs to happen

Theres another scrap id love to see.

Come on GG/M1 make this happen.
Hollywood Dang
Hollywood Dang

Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:53 am
GG and M-1 hates each other deeply.

I don't see this ever happen.
monaroCountry

Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:37 pm
Hollywood Dang wrote:GG and M-1 hates each other deeply.

I don't see this ever happen.

Hate is a strong word, GG and M1 doesnt hate each other. Its Vadim and Bas that hate each other.

Still, I can see them working together.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum