GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M1 Global: Vadim Finkelstein offers Cain Velasquez / UFC a deal they cant refuse

+12
Adax
Lovable Rogue
RussianTopTeam
Zuffa_Informant
Dapperdoo
Apres Moi
ZuffaKiller
Dagwood
brace
Kinosis
KSW
monaroCountry
16 posters
Go down
Dapperdoo
Dapperdoo

M1 Global: Vadim Finkelstein offers Cain Velasquez / UFC a deal they cant refuse - Page 3 Empty Re: M1 Global: Vadim Finkelstein offers Cain Velasquez / UFC a deal they cant refuse

Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:42 pm
If they're true business men they would set their differences aside to create a great fight that would benefit both parties financially and would be good for the sport.
nhbnews
nhbnews
The Godfather of MMA Media
http://eddiegoldman.com

M1 Global: Vadim Finkelstein offers Cain Velasquez / UFC a deal they cant refuse - Page 3 Empty Re: M1 Global: Vadim Finkelstein offers Cain Velasquez / UFC a deal they cant refuse

Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:04 pm
The only way this M-1 proposal makes sense is if they believe that it will never happen. Sure, the fight might be compelling, but so long as Cain is tied down to a Zuffa contract, it won't happen. Zuffa will not work with another major promotion that they do not own or control, or let a top fighter compete in it.
brace
brace

Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:09 pm
Dana turned it down on twitter..
Dapperdoo
Dapperdoo

Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:17 pm
just checked his twitter but i can't see him turning it down anywhere
brace
brace

Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:20 pm
from bloodyelbow.com

The idea of Fedor returning to the UFC resurfaced once again. M-1 Global’s Director of Operations Evgeni Kogan tweeted Dana White calling out Cain Velasquez to fight Fedor Emelianenko:

@danawhite Fedor vs Velasquez in 2012, lets make this happen. Fedor is back, and a fight w/ Cain will prove it.

When asked if the rumors were true by a fan on twitter, Dana White replied with a very short and sweet response:

hell no!!
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:22 pm

A duck if I ever saw one.

brace
brace

Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:22 pm
UFC ducks Fedor again..
brace
brace

Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:24 pm
Also, I like this line:

The idea of Fedor returning to the UFC resurfaced once again.

scratch

Some good MMA journalism from bloodyvag as usual..

Dapperdoo
Dapperdoo

Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:02 pm
he's just scared of the "what ifs" involved in the deal
Zuffa_Informant

Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:05 pm
brace wrote:from bloodyelbow.com

The idea of Fedor returning to the UFC resurfaced once again. M-1 Global’s Director of Operations Evgeni Kogan tweeted Dana White calling out Cain Velasquez to fight Fedor Emelianenko:

@danawhite Fedor vs Velasquez in 2012, lets make this happen. Fedor is back, and a fight w/ Cain will prove it.

When asked if the rumors were true by a fan on twitter, Dana White replied with a very short and sweet response:

hell no!!

Dana tweeted that before Kogan even mentioned anything. The fan was referring to the rumor coming from mmamania or some site. That tweet is dated nov 21 while Kogan tweeted 22 hours ago. I don't think he was aware that m-1 was willing to drop co promotion when he sent that.
Adax

Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:16 pm
monaroCountry wrote:
AudaxPowder wrote:yeah honestly guys, i can't even force myself to imagine something like this coming into actuality. i don't think it'll happen which is good because wouldn't really want it to. silent

Thats the beauty, if it happens then its great for M1/Fedor.

If it doesnt happen then its also good for M1, because they are forcing their competitor to up their fighter salary.

Either way this is also great for Cain. People should know that an in demand worker can demand more from their employer.

ahh i understand i think. it's true that the people who need to be shown how bad Zuffa contracts are are the fighters that are trapped in the contracts themselves. if the fighters themselves don't show that they want to revolutionize or unionize or something then it's gonna be almost impossible for outside forces (fans, managers, trainers, etc.) to help get any real changes going.
monaroCountry

Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:29 pm
AudaxPowder wrote:
monaroCountry wrote:
AudaxPowder wrote:yeah honestly guys, i can't even force myself to imagine something like this coming into actuality. i don't think it'll happen which is good because wouldn't really want it to. silent

Thats the beauty, if it happens then its great for M1/Fedor.

If it doesnt happen then its also good for M1, because they are forcing their competitor to up their fighter salary.

Either way this is also great for Cain. People should know that an in demand worker can demand more from their employer.

ahh i understand i think. it's true that the people who need to be shown how bad Zuffa contracts are are the fighters that are trapped in the contracts themselves. if the fighters themselves don't show that they want to revolutionize or unionize or something then it's gonna be almost impossible for outside forces (fans, managers, trainers, etc.) to help get any real changes going.

Rampage has been one of the few to voice his displeasure, hes been doing this since his Pride days though when he stood up to the bullshit of Dana.
dr salvador
dr salvador

Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:51 pm
brace wrote:from bloodyelbow.com

hell no!!

A drop of pee ran down dana's leg as he typed this.

M1 Global: Vadim Finkelstein offers Cain Velasquez / UFC a deal they cant refuse - Page 3 2266763299

M1 Global: Vadim Finkelstein offers Cain Velasquez / UFC a deal they cant refuse - Page 3 852107159
rezin
rezin

Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:03 am
AudaxPowder wrote: if the fighters themselves don't show that they want to revolutionize or unionize or something then it's gonna be almost impossible for outside forces (fans, managers, trainers, etc.) to help get any real changes going.

Truth. The only people with the ability to change the system, are completely unwilling to do so.
nhbnews
nhbnews
The Godfather of MMA Media
http://eddiegoldman.com

Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:24 am
THe fighters are afraid of getting blacklisted, with nowhere to make a living. But it hasn't reached crisis stage in MMA -- yet.
Adax

Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:44 am
nhbnews wrote:THe fighters are afraid of getting blacklisted, with nowhere to make a living. But it hasn't reached crisis stage in MMA -- yet.

i hope there's gonna be like an Occupy Zuffa lol or some kind of movement one day for the fighters to be compensated fairly and treated with the respect of human beings rather than being regarded as just some product. these Zuffa tactics just can't hold forever, shit has got to change eventually...
rezin
rezin

Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:05 pm
^ It will change when fighters understand, no one will come their rescue.

KSW
KSW

Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:16 pm
Nothing lasts forever and I think the landscape of mma can change fast. Let´s say a european and an asian promotion becomes huge and UFC puts on several lackluster events. The biggest problem is that fans think UFC is the sport itself.
monaroCountry

Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:13 pm
so its true that UFC do make its fighters duck other top fighters.

Pathetic really especially for all of Dana's boasts of the best fighting the best, and UFC being world champs and all that.
KSW
KSW

Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:18 pm
UFC are scurred. I´m sure a bunch of unknown european fighters could destroy UFC fighters in a ring.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum