GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
westcott123
westcott123

Bellator 208: Fedor vs. Sonnen - October 13 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bellator 208: Fedor vs. Sonnen - October 13 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:40 pm
^^ it does not make sense just the usual fedor didn't kiss the ufc backside because how dare he chose his own career. Both prime fedor and Jon would be the toughest test for each other.
Jon 
Tall 
Long 
Unorthodox
Great wrestling
Cardio 
Iron chin 
Can also submit you
Well rounded 
Fedor
Iron chin
Ko power
Unorthodox striker
Well rounded 
Fast 
Cardio 
 Can also submit you.

In reality it would be a tough match to for either man
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Bellator 208: Fedor vs. Sonnen - October 13 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bellator 208: Fedor vs. Sonnen - October 13 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)

Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:36 am
westcott123 wrote:^^ it does not make sense just the usual fedor didn't kiss the ufc backside because how dare he chose his own career. Both prime fedor and Jon would be the toughest test for each other.
Jon 
Tall 
Long 
Unorthodox
Great wrestling
Cardio 
Iron chin 
Can also submit you
Well rounded 
Fedor
Iron chin
Ko power
Unorthodox striker
Well rounded 
Fast 
Cardio 
 Can also submit you.

In reality it would be a tough match to for either man

I'd pay to see that one for sure.
westcott123
westcott123

Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:20 pm
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.mmafighting.com/platform/amp/2018/8/13/17684220/scott-coker-bellator-would-love-to-talk-to-eddie-alvarez-if-able

Apparently Scott is interested in talking to Eddie Alvarez. How is this? Those idiots who say they can't win the ufc belt so they went to the b leagues
Yeah what the fighters who couldn't win a belt in the b leagues yet won the ufc title?
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:00 am
westcott123 wrote:https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.mmafighting.com/platform/amp/2018/8/13/17684220/scott-coker-bellator-would-love-to-talk-to-eddie-alvarez-if-able

Apparently Scott is interested in talking to Eddie Alvarez. How is this? Those idiots who say they can't win the ufc belt so they went to the b leagues
Yeah what the fighters who couldn't win a belt in the b leagues yet won the ufc title?

Now the talking point is they go to the B-Leagues cause they know they'll never be UFC Champion again.
westcott123
westcott123

Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:58 am
^^ I know that is there talking point my point is what of these guys ^
1 rampage flopped twice fighting for a pride belt wins the ufc belt in his second match in the ufc
2 robbie couldn't sniff the strikeforce belt wins the ufc belt 
3 randy couture multiple ufc champion got eliminated in a rings tournament
4 chuck Liddell got eliminated in a pride tournament Wins the ufc belt not long after 

Yes the oppositie is true too people have won other titles but never the ufc belt. This just shows that some people are just fans of an organisation  The ufc guys they're not more skilled better at some God like level then any other mma fighters. How many times do they need to be proved wrong?
westcott123
westcott123

Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:23 am
Yeah i know if you don't hold the ufc belt until retirement then you were never any good.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:13 am
westcott123 wrote:^^ I know that is there talking point my point is what of these guys ^
1 rampage flopped twice fighting for a pride belt wins the ufc belt in his second match in the ufc
4 chuck Liddell got eliminated in a pride tournament Wins the ufc belt not long after 

Yes the oppositie is true too people have won other titles but never the ufc belt. This just shows that some people are just fans of an organisation  The ufc guys they're not more skilled better at some God like level then any other mma fighters. How many times do they need to be proved wrong?

Sounds like fun. Let's see if I can add more.

1. Werdum never came close to the PRIDE belt or Strikeforce belt but became UFC Heavyweight Champion
2. Anderson went from middle of the road in PRIDE even losing to a can to becoming UFC Middleweight Champion and considered the GOAT.
3. Mark Coleman was the first UFC Champion but lost to Big Nog one fight before Nog became PRIDE Champion and lost two non-title fights to Fedor.
4. Vitor Belfort went from UFC Champion to losing the first round of the PRIDE Middleweight Grand Prix within a year
5. Frank Shamrock never became the undisputed King of Pancrase and then became a UFC Champion.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:14 am
westcott123 wrote:^^ I know that is there talking point my point is what of these guys ^

That's right, there are tons of examples like these where fighters left the UFC and didn't do well and vice versa. Some fighters leave the UFC and do well, some do average, and some do poorly. Same when fighters enter the UFC.
westcott123
westcott123

Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:28 pm
^^ that is true the trick is telling them that ^^
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:53 pm
westcott123 wrote:^^ that is true the trick is telling them that ^^

LOL...Yeah, I have reminded them many times listing numerous fighters.
westcott123
westcott123

Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:37 pm
westcott123
westcott123

Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:19 pm
https://youtu.be/y3SnCwSZbI8

A bit of a montage of fedor training i will say this fedor proved you don't need the biggest or fanciest gym to be considered one of the goats the goat in my opinion. Truthfully i would rather train in that environment it makes you feel more manly
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:38 pm
Bellator 208: Fedor vs. Sonnen - October 13 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  - Page 2 Dkq90StUUAAvX0c
Benson Henderson vs, Saad Awad Added To Bellator 208

Henderson, who defeated Roger Huerta in April, faces off with Saad Awad at the Nassau Coliseum on October 208, which will join a card featuring Fedor Emelianenko and Chael Sonnen’s main event semi-final of the Heavyweight Grand Prix.

Henderson (25–8) got back in the win column in April against Roger Huerta at Bellator 196. That submission win snapped a two-fight losing streak for ‘Smooth,’ who has lost title fights in Bellator to both Michael Chandler at lightweight and Andrey Korshkov at welterweight. Overall, Henderson is 2-3 in the promotion, after leaving the UFC on a two-fight winning streak.

Saad Awad (23–9) is in the midst of a four fight win streak heading into Bellator 208. In that span, he has finished Zach Freeman and Ryan Couture, and taken both Ryan Quinn and J.J. Ambrose to decision. Awad, always soft spoken after bouts, finally seems ready for a bit more of the spotlight, having put in years as a Bellator regular. A bout against a former UFC champion will certainly give him that — and a proper shot at ascending to the top of the division.
Kingfedor
Kingfedor

Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:45 pm
Bellator 208: Fedor vs. Sonnen - October 13 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  - Page 2 20150404110508_5D3_6423Bellator 208: Fedor vs. Sonnen - October 13 (OFFICIAL DISCUSSION)  - Page 2 20150628123205_1DX_1394
Bellator Newcomer Timothy Johnson (12-4) Set To Debut Against Cheick Kongo (28-10-2) At Bellator 208

Johnson (12-4) makes his promotional debut coming off a Unanimous Decision win over Marcelo Golm at UFC Fight Night 125 back in February. He's 3-2 in his last 5 outings. Out of his 12 wins 9 of them come by way of stoppage, 5 KO/TKO's and 4 Submissions.

Kongo (28-10-2) is currently riding a 6 fight win streak with the most recent being a first round KO of Javy Ayala at Bellator 199 back in May. Since signing with Bellator back in 2013 Kongo has put together an impressive record of 10-2 with his two losses coming by way of Decision and Split Decision. Out of his 28 wins 17 of them come by way of stoppage, 13 KO/TKO's and 4 Submissions.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:29 am

Yeah, every fight is biggest and every champ is the best ever.
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:29 pm
It is a big fight, but the marketing shtick where every every thing is the biggest/best is nauseating as all hell.

It definitely cheapens the events/fighters for those that have paid attention. Maybe it plays to casuals, but I have no idea.

I haven't got over the Miocic hype train. Three measly defenses and he's the heavyweight GOAT. Now, he's yesterday's garbage (and rightfully so. Not because there's anything wrong with him, but this is where the flavor-of-the-moment bullshit leads to).

Cormier winning was the best possible result, because the guy that got dominated by Cocaine Jon has no credibility as the heir apparent to the fallacious GOAT crown, plus he says he's retiring soon.
westcott123
westcott123

Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:38 pm
^^ to be fair fedor only defended the pride belt 3x too you add in the 10 year streak the 2 defences of his wamma belt and winning 3 possibly 4 tournaments that is z goat list there

Not to mention fedor beat most of his opponents in their primes did he fights cans yes he did if you add them all up it wasn't that many really. Lol that is also desperate they are they go back to fedor early mma career and say see told you he is a can crusher. It only took 14 mma fights before he was crowned the best heavyweight on earth 13-1
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:57 am
nodogoshi wrote:It is a big fight, but the marketing shtick where every every thing is the biggest/best is nauseating as all hell.

It definitely cheapens the events/fighters for those that have paid attention. Maybe it plays to casuals, but I have no idea.

I haven't got over the Miocic hype train. Three measly defenses and he's the heavyweight GOAT. Now, he's yesterday's garbage (and rightfully so. Not because there's anything wrong with him, but this is where the flavor-of-the-moment bullshit leads to).

Cormier winning was the best possible result, because the guy that got dominated by Cocaine Jon has no credibility as the heir apparent to the fallacious GOAT crown, plus he says he's retiring soon.

Crazy thing is, they are still now trying to to push Cormier as the GOAT.
westcott123
westcott123

Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:16 am
^^ what a joke that is really yes Daniel cormier is one of the greats but the goat no. You can try and tell these people 100x he never defeated Jones he only got the belt due to jons fuck ups you can say this and that fact is he only won the belt due to jon fucking up.

On stipe their stupid reasoning he is the greatest heavyweight ever he is more evolved then fedor how he fights in the ufc that must be it.

This evolution thing it is overrated think about the only difference between fighter X and fighter y is that fighter Y is well rounded. Like i said and always will the evolution of mma began and ended the moment cross training began.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:30 pm
westcott123 wrote:^^ what a joke that is really yes Daniel cormier is one of the greats but the goat no. You can try and tell these people 100x he never defeated Jones he only got the belt due to jons fuck ups you can say this and that fact is he only won the belt due to jon fucking up.

On stipe their stupid reasoning he is the greatest heavyweight ever he is more evolved then fedor how he fights in the ufc that must be it.

This evolution thing it is overrated think about the only difference between fighter X and fighter y is that fighter Y is well rounded. Like i said and always will the evolution of mma began and ended the moment cross training began.

It is a joke. Daniel has a number of fighters ahead of him before being considered the GOAT, including Jon Jones.

Fedor is well rounded so that can't use that excuse. Combat sambo fighters always came in with a good well rounded base. It is one of the best and closest styles coming into MMA.
westcott123
westcott123

Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:36 pm
On dc he isn't even the goat lhw or hw he definitely isn't ahead of guys like wanderlei silva (who did beat him in that bloodyelbow lhw all time rankings which people bitched about) why was wanderlei voted ahead of dc?
1 he held his title longer
2 he was the top light heavyweight for years and didn't get that from any technicality like dc did 
3 he beat more champions in that division then dc who only beat one Dan henderson.

I forgot the ufc has been the premiere mma promotion from day one according to zombie logic.

Hopefully the trend continues and as the ufc starts struggling other organisations continue to grow like i said it is amazing what happens when the ufc can't buy out another promotion.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:44 pm
westcott123 wrote:On dc he isn't even the goat lhw or hw he definitely isn't ahead of guys like wanderlei silva (who did beat him in that bloodyelbow lhw all time rankings which people bitched about) why was wanderlei voted ahead of dc?
2 he was the top light heavyweight for years and didn't get that from any technicality like dc did 
3 he beat more champions in that division then dc who only beat one Dan henderson.

I forgot the ufc has been the premiere mma promotion from day one according to zombie logic.

Hopefully the trend continues and as the ufc starts struggling other organisations continue to grow like i said it is amazing what happens when the ufc can't buy out another promotion.

I would put Wand ahead of him as well.
Rocksoldier84
Rocksoldier84

Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:22 pm
westcott123 wrote:On dc he isn't even the goat lhw or hw he definitely isn't ahead of guys like wanderlei silva (who did beat him in that bloodyelbow lhw all time rankings which people bitched about) why was wanderlei voted ahead of dc?

Other than UFC, what does Cormier done to earn Light Heavyweight GOAT? He's a heavyweight who cut a lot of weight and has an advantage because of it. His hit list includes Patrick Cummins & Volkan Ozdemir, aging smaller opponents like Hendo & Anderson, he failed to beat Bones in either encounter, and he barely got by Gustafsson.

Got that right. What would UFC be if they never bought out PRIDE, WFA, WEC, & Strikeforce? Think of the division they would've had to build from scratch and think of the stars they wouldn't have gotten.
westcott123
westcott123

Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:54 pm
I forgot Anderson still the point still stands. And exactly if the ufc didn't buy out those organisations guarantee they would not be as big as they are now. Strikeforce and pride would be the two biggest promotions in the mma world mma would be a hell of  a lot better the silver lining the ufc is in debut people are losing interest and other organisations are growing.
westcott123
westcott123

Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:11 pm
Question with fedor if he went to light heavyweight would he be as fast as say he is at heavyweight? People say he should go down to light heavyweight would he be as quick as he is at heavyweight . Personally the real fighters are the ones who cut little to no weight . My opinion on weight

1 make people fight at their natural weight 
2 get rid of divisions  think about it they never had this problem during the early days  People cut weight to get a size advantage if it isn't why do people cut weight ?
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum