GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
wekka
wekka

GLOBAL-MMA Rankings (Non-Zuffa) - June 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: GLOBAL-MMA Rankings (Non-Zuffa) - June 2012

Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:59 pm
If its a money thing, he definitely needs to sign with One.

But for the sake of his fighting career, the UFC is the only choice. There's really not anyone available in One, especially someone he hasn't defeated before.
KSW
KSW

GLOBAL-MMA Rankings (Non-Zuffa) - June 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: GLOBAL-MMA Rankings (Non-Zuffa) - June 2012

Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:29 pm
moronoRepublic wrote:If its a money thing, he definitely needs to sign with One.

But for the sake of his fighting career, the UFC is the only choice. There's really not anyone available in One, especially someone he hasn't defeated before.
new stars will emerge he doesnt need the ufc.
wekka
wekka

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:09 pm
He doesn't have time to allow stars to develop. There's about three people One could utilize in the future, but I don't see them having a chance anytime soon.

He's got a rematch with Faber, fights with Cruz, McDonald, Barao, Menjivar, and Easton. Those are all immediate fights that can challenge him.
KSW
KSW

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:21 pm
moronoRepublic wrote:He doesn't have time to allow stars to develop. There's about three people One could utilize in the future, but I don't see them having a chance anytime soon.

He's got a rematch with Faber, fights with Cruz, McDonald, Barao, Menjivar, and Easton. Those are all immediate fights that can challenge him.
if bibiano turns down zuffa more fighters could follow. Dont buy the zuffa hype, there are fighters out there who are just as good but not as famous or as good cagefighters.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:41 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012/6/12/3081860/bibiano-fernandes-weighing-contract-offers-from-ufc-one-fc

However, moments later, he was offered a more lucrative deal from ONE FC. Fernandes was then forced to make a difficult decision: sign with the more established UFC for less money or take a chance on ONE FC, who was offering a bigger contract.

While it initially seemed as though Fernandes was leaning towards signing with the UFC, his wife, who is seven months pregnant, wanted him to take more time weigh his options. So Fernandes and his wife have decided to wait until their child is born in two months before deciding who they will sign with. Once the UFC was made aware of that decision, they pulled him from UFC 149. Delorme is expected to receive a new opponent in the coming days.

As a result, don't expect to see Fernandes fighting for the UFC or ONE FC this summer, as was originally expected.

I hope he decides on ONE FC. A fight with Dantas after that would be sweet as well similar to the Aoki/Alvarez fight. The two best non-UFC BWs would make a great fight and the winner should be ranked near the top of all rankings.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:42 pm
Johan Lofgren wrote:
MR.WILLIE wrote:http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012/6/12/3081860/bibiano-fernandes-weighing-contract-offers-from-ufc-one-fc

However, moments later, he was offered a more lucrative deal from ONE FC. Fernandes was then forced to make a difficult decision: sign with the more established UFC for less money or take a chance on ONE FC, who was offering a bigger contract.

While it initially seemed as though Fernandes was leaning towards signing with the UFC, his wife, who is seven months pregnant, wanted him to take more time weigh his options. So Fernandes and his wife have decided to wait until their child is born in two months before deciding who they will sign with. Once the UFC was made aware of that decision, they pulled him from UFC 149. Delorme is expected to receive a new opponent in the coming days.

As a result, don't expect to see Fernandes fighting for the UFC or ONE FC this summer, as was originally expected.
One is a wise choice. Ufc is overated imo.

Agreed, ONE would be a great choice. I really hope that is how this turns out.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:43 pm
moronoRepublic wrote:If its a money thing, he definitely needs to sign with One.

They can build up new fighters at BW and setup a Dantas/Bibi fight similar to Aoki/Alvarez. Plus, he has fought at FW before so a potential fight with Kawajiri for the ONE FC FW title is not out of the question either which would be awesome.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:43 pm
Johan Lofgren wrote:

new stars will emerge he doesnt need the ufc.

Agreed.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:45 pm
Johan Lofgren wrote:
moronoRepublic wrote:He doesn't have time to allow stars to develop. There's about three people One could utilize in the future, but I don't see them having a chance anytime soon.

if bibiano turns down zuffa more fighters could follow. Dont buy the zuffa hype, there are fighters out there who are just as good but not as famous or as good cagefighters.

Yup...New star fighters are rising up all the time. A few tournaments could produce a lot of new star fighters, similar to what Bellator has done or what PRIDE and DREAM have done in the past.
wekka
wekka

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:59 pm
Johan Lofgren wrote:

Imanari has already lost to him. Issa is currently unproven until the end of this month. Belignon is out of his league, as is Yodsanan. Maeda is too damn inconsistent. Ishiwatari isn't ready. Winner of Inoue/Horiguchi is intriguing but I don't think they have enough to beat Bibi. Just too many guys who aren't at that level yet and id rather Bibi not toil away and take meaningless fights until that day comes.

The only fights I really want to see outside of Zuffa are Dantas and Ueda.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:20 pm
moronoRepublic wrote:
Johan Lofgren wrote:

Imanari has already lost to him. Issa is currently unproven until the end of this month. Belignon is out of his league, as is Yodsanan. Maeda is too damn inconsistent. Ishiwatari isn't ready. Winner of Inoue/Horiguchi is intriguing but I don't think they have enough to beat Bibi. Just too many guys who aren't at that level yet and id rather Bibi not toil away and take meaningless fights until that day comes.

Dantas and Ueda would be great fights right now. A fight with DEEP champ Maeda would be cool now as well in my opinion. Ishiwatari could be a sweet fight as well in the not so distant future. Plus, all ONE would have to do is put an 8 man tournament together for the BW title and throw Bibi in there and that is potentially three straight sweet tournament fights leading to the title if he goes that far.

Also, he could always move back up to FW where he held the DREAM title once as well. Solid Non-Zuffa fights there are Kawajiri, Pat Curran, Freire, Yokota, Doo Ho Choi, Kawanago (Legend champ) (although I do not see ONE and Legend working together), Tirta, Nakayama (Pancrase champ), Ishida, Kelley,.... They could also have a tournament for the FW belt to make more sweet fights.
doubledx2c

Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:45 am
CDF47 wrote:
moronoRepublic wrote:
Johan Lofgren wrote:

Dantas and Ueda would be great fights right now. A fight with DEEP champ Maeda would be cool now as well in my opinion. Ishiwatari could be a sweet fight as well in the not so distant future. Plus, all ONE would have to do is put an 8 man tournament together for the BW title and throw Bibi in there and that is potentially three straight sweet tournament fights leading to the title if he goes that far.

Also, he could always move back up to FW where he held the DREAM title once as well. Solid Non-Zuffa fights there are Kawajiri, Pat Curran, Freire, Yokota, Doo Ho Choi, Kawanago (Legend champ) (although I do not see ONE and Legend working together), Tirta, Nakayama (Pancrase champ), Ishida, Kelley,.... They could also have a tournament for the FW belt to make more sweet fights.

Let's be real, Fernandes isn't going to move back up to FW just because there's no competition in his weight class. He has no problem making 135 and he's been dominant at BW, so why move back up? BW is just too thin as it is, and I'm far more interested in seeing cool fights like Bibi x Barao and Bibi x Faber than seeing him fight unworthy guys.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:13 pm
doubledx2c wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
moronoRepublic wrote:
Johan Lofgren wrote:

Let's be real, Fernandes isn't going to move back up to FW just because there's no competition in his weight class. He has no problem making 135 and he's been dominant at BW, so why move back up? BW is just too thin as it is, and I'm far more interested in seeing cool fights like Bibi x Barao and Bibi x Faber than seeing him fight unworthy guys.

I disagree. I think many of those fighters are worthy and create interesting fights for Bibi. Bibi was dominant at 145 as well. He defeated Takaya and then lost a close decision to him to lose the DREAM title. Bibi could fight in either weight class.
MR.WILLIE

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:11 pm
kenny garner top 5 hw......guram drops....
MR.WILLIE

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:13 pm
also monson has to be top 10, imo better ranked than guram, just look at the quality of opposition, musa has to climb to the top 10 of the 155
KSW
KSW

Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:15 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:also monson has to be top 10, imo better ranked than guram, just look at the quality of opposition, musa has to climb to the top 10 of the 155
Agree
doubledx2c

Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:20 am
You should either swap Kikuno and Kitaoka's places or bump Kitaoka up one, since he recently beat Kikuno.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:58 am
MR.WILLIE wrote:kenny garner top 5 hw......guram drops....

Yup, Garner is moving up. Big win for the M-1 belt.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:01 am
MR.WILLIE wrote:also monson has to be top 10, imo better ranked than guram, just look at the quality of opposition, musa has to climb to the top 10 of the 155

Yeah, Monson is top 10.

Awesome win for Musa. Did not see that coming. New M-1 LW champ.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:02 am
doubledx2c wrote:You should either swap Kikuno and Kitaoka's places or bump Kitaoka up one, since he recently beat Kikuno.

Yeah, kitaoka will move up and kikuno will drop a bit.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum