GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
goodnightirene

ONE FC Prospects Empty ONE FC Prospects

Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:25 pm
ONE has some amazing up and comers. who do you think is their top prospect out of Eduard Folayang
Eddie Ng, and Eric Kelly?

MR.WILLIE

ONE FC Prospects Empty Re: ONE FC Prospects

Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:35 pm
kelly is ready for big fights imo, he is a good talent
KSW
KSW

Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:52 pm
"The natural" Kelly is a finisher and has the potential to become ONE FW champ. I would like him to fight Kawajiri for the strap.
KSW
KSW

Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:05 pm
The LW division is very interesting with Folayang and Laursen fighting for the title and the winner will meet Aoki/Lepont. Laursen lost to Enomoto who lost to Folayang but I think Laursen will win the rematch as well.

Folayang is a legit prospect and so is Eddie Ng. Ng lost to the swede Engberg but other than that he finished all his opponents in the first round.

The ONE roster will grow for every event and new stars will be born. The future looks great for asian mma.
Sonatine
Sonatine

Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:48 pm
I thought Zoro was fighting Laursen for the title?

Kelly should get tough fights from here on in, he's ready. Kawajiri, Takaya, Takeshi or Hellboy come to mind.
KSW
KSW

Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:40 am
goodnightirene wrote:ONE has some amazing up and comers. who do you think is their top prospect out of Eduard Folayang
Eddie Ng, and Eric Kelly?
Who do you think is their top prospect?
KSW
KSW

Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:18 am
Sonatine wrote:I thought Zoro was fighting Laursen for the title?

Kelly should get tough fights from here on in, he's ready. Kawajiri, Takaya, Takeshi or Hellboy come to mind.
You´re probably right but there has been some confusing reports about this.

He was originally rumored to face Zorobabel Moreira – who is coming off of a win at OneFC 4 where he finished Roger Huerta with a highlight reel soccer kick – for the One FC lightweight strap, but things sometimes change in a hurry, as they have in this case.

One FC head honcho Victor Cui instead announced via twitter that it will be the man who defeated Folayang at One FC 3, Ole Laursen who gets the chance to become to step in with Folayang to become the inaugural One FC lightweight champ.

OneFC lightweight fight still intact contrary to report

Contrary to a Bloodyanus.com report this morning that Eduard Folayang was not going to fight for the OneFC lightweight title against Zoro due to the vast number of fights the Filipino has scheduled, multiple sources have confirmed that Folayang and Zoro are still fighting.

Folayang has a fight scheduled on October 6 in Singapore at OneFC 6 with Zoro Moreira for the OneFC lightweight title. The report stated that Ole Laursen would instead fill in for Folayang, who would have 5 weeks to prepare for the title fight. Folayang is also slated to fight in November at URCC’s 10th anniversary show in the Philippines.
wekka
wekka

Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:15 pm
Kelly and Folayang are ready for marquee matches. Go ahead and make Moreira and Laursen for the title and the winner could hopefully fight Aoki to legitimize it. Although Aoki and Moreira are teammates, id still like to see them put things aside and fight. As for Folayang, give him a step up in Kikuno which should be a KILLER fight.

Kelly is a great talent but he's still young, so i'd like for him to get more seasoning while steadliy increasing his opposition's skill level. OneFC needs to organize Takaya/Kawajiri and let Kelly step aside and build his resume.

That leaves me this, Eddie Ng is without a doubt the best prospect One currently has because he is the perfect embodiment of a prospect. He'll be ready for a title shot within two years according to his results. Maybe he can lock up with Lepont or Enomoto in the near future.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum