GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC 155 - Dos Santos vs. Velasquez 2 Discussion

+20
RussianTopTeam
Dagwood
TehPackage
Wolfman
timbercutter
Dapperdoo
Davidson 45
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Fairweather
retrocausality
Somnio
SandmanFC
doubledx2c
wekka
Heretic
CDF47
Lucifer Himself
Dorch
PRIDE NEVER DIE
KSW
24 posters
Go down
Davidson 45
Davidson 45

UFC 155 - Dos Santos vs. Velasquez 2 Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: UFC 155 - Dos Santos vs. Velasquez 2 Discussion

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:42 am
All credit to Cain. Amazing job!

I think that before JDS gets another shot, he should fight 2, maybe 3 fights beforehand just to boost his confidence and also for his rematch to be legit.

One thing that really upset me is the pathetic fans booing him afterwards. Fucking disgusting.

Also, LOL at pathetic sherdog. you should see it over there. "jds was always over rated" "jds is one dimensional" jds this jds that. there was even a thread literally titled "jds exposed for the fraud he is". it stay open for about 15000 views and hundreds of responses and the TS only got dubs lol.

Anyways, I'm predicting that AO beats Silva and will be next in line for Cain. Anything can happen though. It would be kind of a crazy story should Silva win and earn a rematch.
Davidson 45
Davidson 45

UFC 155 - Dos Santos vs. Velasquez 2 Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: UFC 155 - Dos Santos vs. Velasquez 2 Discussion

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:49 am
PRIDE FC wrote:Brunson proved that there are good fighters outside the UFC. He was coming off losses to Kendall Grove and Souza but still beat top fighter Leben.

I would say there as just as many good fighters, if not more, outside Zuffa. They just didnĀ“t have the right matchups like the UFC guys had.

Sad thing is, people don't like fighters like Brunson. A fight is a fight and its the fighters well being at risk, not the fans. Yet the bitch and whine. "He just a blanket". "He is ruining MMA as a sport" etc. Pathetic.

I respect any fighter for the simple fact that they are risking serious injury each fight. Props to Brunson for the win.

Patricio Maximiliano
Patricio Maximiliano

Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:52 am
Cain make Junior Gas Santos look like SMALL child. UFC 155 - Dos Santos vs. Velasquez 2 Discussion - Page 4 4241253086
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:35 am
Glad cain won, but Reem will crush him, too bad Hunt wont get a shot Sad
Sodak
Sodak

Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:26 am
I think Overeem will walk through Cain, Cain won't be able to bully him and his stand up is horrible. I guess he could land a big punch like he did with JDS. My stream froze after the first round and I didn't put much effort into finding another good one but it looked like JDS never really recovered from that first huge right hand and got wall n stalled to a decision?
Dapperdoo
Dapperdoo

Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:53 am
Hunt could get a shot by fighting Dos Santos. Or even if Werdum takes another fight after beating Big Nog, because he might have to wait 6-9 months before getting the title shot.

I think Hunt beats both guys, then it's him vs. Overeem. That shit. That shit is amazing.
Wolfman
Wolfman

Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:27 pm
RussianTopTeam wrote:JDS will get his belt back, his takedown defense was good, Cain just had better cardio and ultimately that's what won him the fight

congrats to Cain for an awesome performance

.....but Ubereem is right around the corner

Yeah he can, but he needs to start again. He recently have been veeery overconfident, saying he'd ko anyone and even win over the Klitschkos. fighting guys with zero standup or a zombie crocop apparently inflated his ego, so he probably thought he'd ko Cain like last time and ended up eating all the punches and being ragdolled. He was clearly broken in that fight. Looked after the first round that he just wanted to go home. Seems like he had only one gameplan too, or forgot the others.

Well better think now and train twice as hard and try again, this time more careful to avoid this....

UFC 155 - Dos Santos vs. Velasquez 2 Discussion - Page 4 Cain-jds-fist

Still want him to get the title. Sometimes an ass whooping is good for you so probably he'll come back stronger.
parliamentfunk
parliamentfunk

Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:42 pm

UFC 155 - Dos Santos vs. Velasquez 2 Discussion - Page 4 A_YLijnCMAEBoMf
timbercutter
timbercutter

Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:05 pm
Damn Funk...Dos Santos is almost unrecognizable affraid
KSW
KSW

Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:12 pm
Nice sig Wolf Laughing
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:04 pm
Sodak wrote:I think Overeem will walk through Cain, Cain won't be able to bully him and his stand up is horrible. I guess he could land a big punch like he did with JDS. My stream froze after the first round and I didn't put much effort into finding another good one but it looked like JDS never really recovered from that first huge right hand and got wall n stalled to a decision?
wall n stalled? No that was a ass beating.
wekka
wekka

Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:44 pm
Lol yeah, no stalling in that fight. He repeatedly took JDS down and peppered him with shots.

I'm not looking forward to seeing an even more motivated JDS.

What pisses me off though is as long as Cain is champ, Cormier will never get a shot.
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:10 pm
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:
Sodak wrote:I think Overeem will walk through Cain, Cain won't be able to bully him and his stand up is horrible. I guess he could land a big punch like he did with JDS. My stream froze after the first round and I didn't put much effort into finding another good one but it looked like JDS never really recovered from that first huge right hand and got wall n stalled to a decision?
wall n stalled? No that was a ass beating.

Maybe not wall n stalled but certainly WALLED for the vast majority of the fight with a million very weak very sloppy punches.

I'm really having problems even watching this kinda stuff anymore.

IMO - the whole fight was very sad technically. VERY sad. Who cares if Cain outdistanced JDS with his glorified cardio. His awesome cardio can't be that great if he didn't have one punch strong enough to end the fight out 1M when his opponent could barely stand for at least 2 rounds.

Some of you guys are lowering the bar on what is acceptable for so-called champions as far as good technical skills and good enough cardio to throw solid punches for more than 3 minutes of a 25 minute fight. Especially the latter by HW's. Cain hit as hard as a LW for all but a few shots during the fight and couldn't finish a near-mortally wounded Bambi/baby deer. That's shameful for the baddest man on the planet. Who cares if he puffed up JDS' face with a bazillion rabbit punches. The fight looked like "Nelson circa JDS fight" vs "Nelson circa JDS fight". It was a shame.

The new UFC HW breed doesn't hold a candle skill-wise or anything else to history's HW giants of MMA. The evolution of the sport, better skilled, more well-rounded... ya right!

Last edited by Dagwood on Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Somnio

Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:07 pm
I have to agree with Dag. I still think JDS is the better fighter. When JDS had Cain hurt and beaten he ended him. Cain couldn't do the same. And JDS was finished and doing nothing.

Also Kudos to Sweet Pea for calling that Okami win. Too bad Okami fights like Jon Fitch. Also Belcher made stupid mistakes that led to him getting laid on and smothered. Pulling guard on two chokes you didn't have sured up is dumb.

Main card was boring. Like the usual UFC PPV.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:13 pm
I usually agree with you Dag, but im not lower my standards you know how I feel about things. You guys bitch about wall n stall but it wasnt, its getting to the point where if its not guns a blazing its wall n stall around here very zombieish imo. People are acting like he "Condit" styled jab n jogged his way to a win...its getting out of hand tbh. Cain is and was the better fighter.
bolsheet

Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:30 pm
That was a beatdown but i don't get this hate about them
Sodak
Sodak

Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:31 pm
My stream kept freezing so I didn't get a good view of the fight, but the first round I did see clearly and Cains stand-up looked sloppy and his takedowns were desperate and unsuccesful. After the first round whenever my choppy stream was working it looked like cain was just pushing, a kinda out of it, JDS against the cage.

judging from that picture Cain must of landed some good punches but I'm still not that impressed, he nailed JDS with everything he had and couldn't follow up with anything, JDS took cains best and weathered it admirably. Cain shoulda put him away. it reminded me of when brock hit heath with that huge hay maker and then lay n prayed him for three rounds.

I think Ubereems gonna make quick work of Cain. I think Cormier could give him trouble too.

Wolfman
Wolfman

Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:36 pm
PRIDE NEVER DIE wrote:I usually agree with you Dag, but im not lower my standards you know how I feel about things. You guys bitch about wall n stall but it wasnt, its getting to the point where if its not guns a blazing its wall n stall around here very zombieish imo. People are acting like he "Condit" styled jab n jogged his way to a win...its getting out of hand tbh. Cain is and was the better fighter.

have to agree with you. I didn't see it as stalling. the gameplan was press JDS againt the cage and punish him or take him down, in which Cain did very well, even though JDS gave up on the fight. It was that or trying to stand and bang with JDS in which would not work for him, since contrary to the casuals, he knows he's not elite striker and the chances of getting KO'd again would be high. He's proud, but not stupid.

All i know is i'd be interested in a third fight. Like someone said up there, people all talk shit and say a fighter was "exposed" when anyone loses. All these people probably never been to a mat in their lives. OK i agree the fight was not pure brilliance or beautiful, but those guys are solid fighters.

Hopefully JDS learns from that, and REEM and Hunto get their TS soon.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:13 am
Cain was the better fighter that night, even JDS accepted defeat and admitted it but make no mistake , this will just make JDS into a better fighter and I'm looking forward to what he has to bring in 2013.
timbercutter
timbercutter

Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:53 pm
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:My picks:

Velasquez UD5
Okami UD3
Wineland UD3
Perez SUB1
Johnson UD3
Miller UD3
Philippou UD3
Duffee KO1
Moraga TKO2
Varner UD3
Brunson UD3
Holloway TKO2

UFC 155 - Dos Santos vs. Velasquez 2 Discussion - Page 4 4241253086

well done Tott..................................
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum