GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dana: "[PRIDE] Lied...We Got Robbed of [Liddell-Silva]"

+17
Dagwood
Adax
adam
IQ Wrestler
Heretic
Somnio
wekka
fka
Mikal
loyalty13
RussianTopTeam
PRIDE NEVER DIE
KSW
nodogoshi
TehPackage
Fairweather
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
21 posters
Go down
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Dana: "[PRIDE] Lied...We Got Robbed of [Liddell-Silva]" - Page 5 Empty Re: Dana: "[PRIDE] Lied...We Got Robbed of [Liddell-Silva]"

Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:01 pm
I love pride just hate bias when it comes to admitting wrong doings.

TehPackage
TehPackage

Dana: "[PRIDE] Lied...We Got Robbed of [Liddell-Silva]" - Page 5 Empty Re: Dana: "[PRIDE] Lied...We Got Robbed of [Liddell-Silva]"

Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:18 pm
fka wrote:I love pride just hate bias when it comes to admitting wrong doings.

Someone gets it.headbang 
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:22 am
The Keymaster wrote:
RussianTopTeam wrote:
wekka wrote:They put RINGS out of business Sad

RINGS was actually a farm league and not a direct competitor to PRIDE FC. They both worked together. You couldn't fight at PRIDE unless you did good in RINGS. Fighters like Nog & Fedor both started out in RINGS and the rest is history.

No... PRIDE just took those fighters when RINGS died

The fighters were offered better money to fight on the biggest stage in the world vs better competition. How exactly is that taking fighters away from an org? IF you are offered to do the SAME job elsewhere for better pay, would you stay or leave? PRIDE created superstars out of their fighters and compensated them well win or lose.
wekka
wekka

Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:37 am
I wouldn't say better competition, RINGS was on par with Pride talent wise. The pay was undoubtedly better though, but I wouldn't say the competition was better until 2004, when Pride really hit their peak.
KSW
KSW

Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:46 am

I admit the Coleman fight was shady but exactly who was behind this fixed fight, what persons knew about it? What other fixed fights can you find?

There´s a lot of accusations going on about the yakuza. I´m not denying anything, all I´m asking for is proof. Give me proof of how the yakuza was involved and exactly what they did.
wekka
wekka

Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:04 pm
PRIDE FC wrote:

I admit the Coleman fight was shady but exactly who was behind this fixed fight, what persons knew about it? What other fixed fights can you find?

There´s a lot of accusations going on about the yakuza. I´m not denying anything, all I´m asking for is proof. Give me proof of how the yakuza was involved and exactly what they did.

Tamura/Takada was also supposed to be fixed. Just look at the disappointment on Tamura's face.
fka
fka

Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:01 pm
All anyone can do is show you interviews from fighters and managers who were there which I and other members have done everytime you dismiss it.

There is nothing more then fighters telling you what happened its up to you to take it in or not.

I'm not sure what your looking for because its not like the yakuza is going to come out and give you the inside scoop.

The Japanese are famous for keeping tight lipped on controversy especially something of this magnitude so its not like were ever going to watch a documentary explaining the role of yakuza in the rise and downfall of pride.

Instead we have interviews with guys like Coleman, goodridge,&fedor and crocops ex manager etc detailing this stuff.none of these guys benefit from this its them being honest and reliving crazy shit.
fka
fka

Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:10 pm
The yakuza is directly related to the money backing that started pride also gambling was a huge motivation for the fight fixing(didn't occur a whole lot)and especially for bait and switch(occurred much more)

They also used intimidation tactics to acquire fighters and silence critics and whistle blowers.
KSW
KSW

Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:11 am
fka wrote:All anyone can do is show you interviews from fighters and managers who were there which I and other members have done everytime you dismiss it.

There is nothing more then fighters telling you what happened its up to you to take it in or not.

I'm not sure what your looking for because its not like the yakuza is going to come out and give you the inside scoop.

The Japanese are famous for keeping tight lipped on controversy especially something of this magnitude so its not like were ever going to watch a documentary explaining the role of yakuza in the rise and downfall of pride.

Instead we have interviews with guys like Coleman, goodridge,&fedor and crocops ex manager etc detailing this stuff.none of these guys benefit from this its them being honest and reliving crazy shit.
You need to rewatch the videos with fighter interviews.

Goodridge said some people wanted to pay him to lose, he didn´t said PRIDE. None of his fights were fixed.

Mezger said "I am not claiming that any of MY fights were fixed or “worked”. I was approached by 2 Japanese guys who were always at the Pride events".

Rampage said they wanted him to lose because they disliked his attitude but none of his fights were fixed.
fka
fka

Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:45 pm
The 2 guys are yakuza businessmen LOL

Almost all the ringside seating was bought up by yakuza they were the ones wagering on the fights.

All the guys you mentioned say they were approached by the same 2 guys even if goodridge or anybody mentioned didn't take the money the real question is how many fighters did.

Of course goodridge and others don't say pride paid me to lose LOL but the 2 guys which go around throwing bribes are yakuza linked to the same yakuza who financially backed pride.

fka
fka

Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:50 pm
A lot of American fighters are or were unaware of what the yakuza is or what roles they played.
fka
fka

Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:02 pm
The thing that really bothers me is the bait and switch tactic explained by crocops ex manager LOL poor Heath haha.

This is as fucked as it gets and worst part is the only ones which knew are yakuza who were betting,pride officials involved,& the managers and possibly fighters which they wanted to win.

So its not like the guys like crocop who won having this tremendous advantage are going to come clean years later haha.

I don't think this was something done at the top tier of fighters too much more the mid tier guys but its still HIGHLY disrespectful and dishonorable.
KSW
KSW

Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:47 am
You don´t know shit about what went down in PRIDE. I´m done discussing PRIDE with you. Cro Cops scumbag manager is not a legit source and other than him you have nothing to back up your claims.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:46 am
fka im going to tell you this since no one here will, you sir are brainwashed, look how long you have been ranting now, if i didn't know any better I would think someone paid you to come here.
fka
fka

Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:55 pm
Lmfao bwahahaha you figured me out I'm really Tito Ortiz haha come on man get real....

As I've stated repeatedly I don't hate pride I HATE BIAS WHEN IT COMES TO WRONG DOINGS

You can't slander the ufc and exempt pride because you liked the pyros and you bought the Bushido gimmick.

Praising pride for the MANY GREAT things they did is fine but not admitting or overlooking the fact they were dirty is retarded.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum