GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dana: "[PRIDE] Lied...We Got Robbed of [Liddell-Silva]"

+17
Dagwood
Adax
adam
IQ Wrestler
Heretic
Somnio
wekka
fka
Mikal
loyalty13
RussianTopTeam
PRIDE NEVER DIE
KSW
nodogoshi
TehPackage
Fairweather
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
21 posters
Go down
theiconfedor
theiconfedor

Dana: "[PRIDE] Lied...We Got Robbed of [Liddell-Silva]" - Page 4 Empty Re: Dana: "[PRIDE] Lied...We Got Robbed of [Liddell-Silva]"

Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:31 am
The Keymaster wrote:I'm not a queer however I have masturbated furiously to Bailey Jay before

Who has'nt?
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Dana: "[PRIDE] Lied...We Got Robbed of [Liddell-Silva]" - Page 4 Empty Re: Dana: "[PRIDE] Lied...We Got Robbed of [Liddell-Silva]"

Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:27 am
atleast PRIDE didn't buy up their competition/ put them out of business
KSW
KSW

Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:45 am
RussianTopTeam wrote:atleast PRIDE didn't buy up their competition/ put them out of business

Exactly and this is what bothers me the most about Zuffa. It´s one thing if they are owned by the mafia but to control the sport and force their shitty product on all mma fans is truly f#cked up. The PRIDE version of mma was 100 times better with ring, better rules and classy events and they didn´t even try to brainwash the fans or destroy the competition.
KSW
KSW

Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:58 am
PRIDE presented the sport like the Olympics.

nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:40 am
PRIDE FC wrote:PRIDE presented the sport like the Olympics.

The way the big Japanese shows present the fighters is really something. It is almost on par with the fights themselves.
adam
adam

Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:48 am
PRIDE FC wrote:
RussianTopTeam wrote:atleast PRIDE didn't buy up their competition/ put them out of business

Exactly and this is what bothers me the most about Zuffa. It´s one thing if they are owned by the mafia but to control the sport and force their shitty product on all mma fans is truly f#cked up. The PRIDE version of mma was 100 times better with ring, better rules and classy events and they didn´t even try to brainwash the fans or destroy the competition.

I agree. Great post.

PRIDE was overall classier and put on bigger events. Dana would prejac in his pants if he could do live gates like PRIDE did.

And I feel like the cage or "octagon" is really holding the sport back. Casuals and ignorant people will always associate Mma being UFC and UFC being "cagefighting" because of that stupid structure they fight in that plays almost as big as a role in fights as skill itself.

The ring was just classier (as you said), more aesthetically pleasing, gave fighters a more even playing field against LnP/Wall n Stall artists.

PRIDE is what the UFC wished it was and it will never get there as long as they have that bald, nu metal, just bleed fan running the company.
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:01 pm
Both cage and ring have serious negatives cage wall n stall as well as kinda a nitemare to see through at a live show.also caters to wrestlers.

Ring is crap cuz of weak ass restarts and tangling up in or grabbing the ropes also caters to strikers.

Said it before say it again m-1 rage is best equal playing field.

Also pride didn't buy up comp because 1)didn't need to they were far above any regional promotion and didn't have competition only ufc and it was in ufc.

2)when they reached the height of fame they were beginning to put on shows and stake their claim in the u.s. but they fell apart before they could really fo so.basically they never had a chance to take over other orgs or they would have.

If u think yakuza wouldn't have bought out ufc if it were at all possible you are crazy.
wekka
wekka

Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:31 pm
They put RINGS out of business Sad
KSW
KSW

Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:35 pm
fka wrote:Both cage and ring have serious negatives cage wall n stall as well as kinda a nitemare to see through at a live show.also caters to wrestlers.

Ring is crap cuz of weak ass restarts and tangling up in or grabbing the ropes also caters to strikers.

Said it before say it again m-1 rage is best equal playing field.

Also pride didn't buy up comp because 1)didn't need to they were far above any regional promotion and didn't have competition only ufc and it was in ufc.

2)when they reached the height of fame they were beginning to put on shows and stake their claim in the u.s. but they fell apart before they could really fo so.basically they never had a chance to take over other orgs or they would have.

If u think yakuza wouldn't have bought out ufc if it were at all possible you are crazy.
Do you want Zuffa to keep their monopoly on the sport or not?? If not you should help us promoting other promotions and breaking the zuffa stranglehold on the sport.
fka
fka

Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:48 pm
I support MMA ....

That includes ufc, I don't agree with all their tactics and I definitely don't like Dana's brash approach but I definitely call BS when I see it no matter what company its coming from.

I loved pride as much as anyone but I'm not blind to the under handed things they did and thanks wekka forgot they killed rings LOL.

Its funny I'm sure some of you may think I'm a zuffa zombie or whatever lmao but reality is I wont stand by and let ignorant false things be said and believed about any company.

As shitty as it is mma is and or was dirty all around the board and pretending pride wasn't because of their honorable GIMMICK is ignorant.

Ufc needs to not worry about smashing out every north American company and or talking shit about the other orgs or fighters.

fka
fka

Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:55 pm
Also I support plenty of orgs as almost all my posts have been about fighter prospects outside of the ufc or generally about other orgs.

Also sitting here blaming all the evil in mma on one company and looking the other way for another isn't contributing to the downfall of anything except the your own credentials.If you want mma to change you have to acknowledge ALL the wrong doings from everyone if not your no better then the zuffa zombies you do despise.

KSW
KSW

Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:32 pm
fka wrote:Also I support plenty of orgs as almost all my posts have been about fighter prospects outside of the ufc or generally about other orgs.

Also sitting here blaming all the evil in mma on one company and looking the other way for another isn't contributing to the downfall of anything except the your own credentials.If you want mma to change you have to acknowledge ALL the wrong doings from everyone if not your no better then the zuffa zombies you do despise.

Everyone here already agreed PRIDE did some shady stuff but there´s not much we can do about it today. The fact remains that Zuffa is controlling the sport right now and we need several equally big promotions all over the world with top fighters. The only way for other promotions to grow is if Zuffa loses it´s grip of the fans and fighters. When the fans and mma media start supporting the actual sport and fighters all over the world the mma scene will be much better.

M-1, KSW, Bellator, WSOF, ONE FC, DEEP etc need the money and power to outbid UFC for top fighters. We can´t let one private owned company dictate what the sport will look like.
Somnio

Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:15 pm
@fka trust me man, no point in wasting energy on the unreasonable. Everyone knows that pride was the most corrupt organization in mma history. At least those NOT turning a blind eye to it for their own selfish agenda.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:30 pm
Somnio wrote:@fka trust me man, no point in wasting energy on the unreasonable. Everyone knows that pride was the most corrupt organization in mma history. At least those NOT turning a blind eye to it for their own selfish agenda.
Jose, you used to be cool man.
RussianTopTeam
RussianTopTeam

Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:23 pm
wekka wrote:They put RINGS out of business Sad

RINGS was actually a farm league and not a direct competitor to PRIDE FC. They both worked together. You couldn't fight at PRIDE unless you did good in RINGS. Fighters like Nog & Fedor both started out in RINGS and the rest is history.
The Keymaster
The Keymaster

Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:35 pm
RussianTopTeam wrote:

RINGS was actually a farm league and not a direct competitor to PRIDE FC. They both worked together. You couldn't fight at PRIDE unless you did good in RINGS. Fighters like Nog & Fedor both started out in RINGS and the rest is history.

No... PRIDE just took those fighters when RINGS died
wekka
wekka

Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:38 pm
RussianTopTeam wrote:

A farm league would've stuck around. They took the best RINGS had to offer and stripped them clean. RINGS was arguably the bigger organization up until around 2000. You got to remember that KRS-Pride was never even really meant to stick around but so many positive reviews pretty much forced them to become full time. They couldn't survive with what they had, so.they.practically raided RINGS. I wouldn't call it a working agreement. What they had with Pancrase and Shooto, were working agreements. Also, Pride's feeder league was actually DEEP.
fka
fka

Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:22 pm
yeah I guess if you think about it pride perfected the scorched earth policy that the ufc now employs.they eventually"worked" with other company's but I'm not sure if it was really mutually beneficial or if it was to avoid yakuza LOL.

Rings was really cool is cool now too just original rings concept with tournament style was cool to watch.
wekka
wekka

Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:35 pm
Also, why do you think Akira Maeda went to HERO*S instead of Pride?
TehPackage
TehPackage

Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:16 pm
AudaxSmoke wrote:
PRIDE FC wrote:
PRIDE FC wrote:After all this time you still dont get it. Zuffa has a stranglehold of the spory and thats why i go after them 100%. If another promotion controlled mma with dirty tactics i would take them down. The other promotions need all the support they can get so they can grow and challenge zuffa. The fighters and fans need options.
everyone here should understand this by now

TehPackage this is one of the forum owners, it's not that hard to respect this one particular specialty chosen for this forum. Your repetitive anti-thesis efforts just derail discussion from what the forum's owners intend, it feels like you have some selfish mental complex where you crave interjections towards reactions. The forum owners are nice guys so I won't be so nice and tell you that you're behavior is that of a piss head.
I doubt you're a bad guy but you stink up this place and you know that you do and enjoy that you do and because of that I cannot personally ever respect anything you type. Your opinions aren't pointless but they become pointless because of your trolling. You're not even trolling, you're just constantly trying to get someone's goat, get a reaction by making snarky tired comments. That's just piss head shitty behavior for the sake of it, and you wonder why I gave you an official warning for de-railing topics.

I was going to say you're welcome to post here as long as you know you're riding on one warning but seems like you just used that up.
I dont care who owns the site. Your respect means nothing to me.I dont troll or derail threads. I can point out multiple time where mods derailed threads and broke rules like youve done in this thread. Prove me wrong.
adam
adam

Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:27 pm
fka wrote:yeah I guess if you think about it pride perfected the scorched earth policy that the ufc now employs.they eventually"worked" with other company's but I'm not sure if it was really mutually beneficial or if it was to avoid yakuza LOL.

Rings was really cool is cool now too just original rings concept with tournament style was cool to watch.

PRIDE also worked with a lot of orgs and shared talent too.

They weren't as bad as you seem to paint them out to be. I don't know if you're trolling or just hate PRIDE.
TehPackage
TehPackage

Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:35 pm
bukkake por. pramuk wrote:
fka wrote:yeah I guess if you think about it pride perfected the scorched earth policy that the ufc now employs.they eventually"worked" with other company's but I'm not sure if it was really mutually beneficial or if it was to avoid yakuza LOL.

They weren't as bad as you seem to paint them out to be. I don't know if you're trolling or just hate PRIDE.
Why does pointing out facts mean you hate Pride or you like UFC more than Pride or your a Zuffa zombie?
adam
adam

Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:37 pm
TehPackage wrote:
bukkake por. pramuk wrote:

Why does pointing out facts mean you hate Pride or you like UFC more than Pride or your a Zuffa zombie?

I guess I shouldn't accuse anyone of hating PRIDE. I mean how could you?

I just noticed he seems to have a lot of anti-PRIDE posts. Carry on. clown 
Slugger O'Toole
Slugger O'Toole

Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:12 pm
TehPackage wrote: I can point out multiple time where mods derailed threads and broke rules like youve done in this thread.
Dana: "[PRIDE] Lied...We Got Robbed of [Liddell-Silva]" - Page 4 3071225361 
TehPackage
TehPackage

Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:51 pm
Slugger O'Toole wrote:
TehPackage wrote: I can point out multiple time where mods derailed threads and broke rules like youve done in this thread.
Dana: "[PRIDE] Lied...We Got Robbed of [Liddell-Silva]" - Page 4 3071225361 
the truth hurts
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum