GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bellator 120: Rampage vs. King Mo Results & Discussion

+20
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Hamilcar
PRIDE4EVER
bobafett55
adam
JimGunn
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
Adax
God of Thunder
cboone
NorthWestMex
fka
Sonatine
backdoor to zuffa
TeamJohnPerretti
stu3ufc
CDF47
Realidea
wekka
MR.WILLIE
24 posters
Go down
MR.WILLIE

Bellator 120: Rampage vs. King Mo Results & Discussion Empty Bellator 120: Rampage vs. King Mo Results & Discussion

Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:13 pm
Bellator 120: Rampage vs. King Mo Results & Discussion Bids6khCMAAZPz3

May 17, 2014  | Landers Center   | Southaven, Mississippi

Results:

Quinton Jackson def. Muhammed Lawal    
light heavyweight tournament final
unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28) - Round 3, 5:00

Will Brooks  def.  Michael Chandler  
for interim lightweight title
split decision (48-46, 47-48, 48-47) - Round 5, 5:00

Tito Ortiz  def.  Alexander Shlemenko  
submission (arm-triangle choke) - Round 1, 2:27

Alexander Volkov  def.  Blagoi Ivanov  
heavyweight tournament final
submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 2, 1:08

Michael Page  def.  Ricky Rainey  
knockout (punch) - Round 1, 4:29

Cheick Kongo  def.  Eric Smith  
TKO (strikes) - Round 2, 4:35

Marcin Held  def.  Nate Jolly  
submission (armbar) - Round 1, 4:20

Fabricio Guerreiro  def.  Shahbulat Shamhalaev  
submission (kimura) - Round 1, 3:29

Goiti Yamauchi  def.  Mike Richman  
unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28) - Round 3, 5:00

Austin Lyons  def.  Zach Underwood  
unanimous technical decision (30-27, 29-28, 30-27) - Round 3, 3:26

Mike Wessel  def.  Justin Frazier  
TKO (punches) - Round 1, 4:28

Ben Brewer  def.  Andy Uhrich  
knockout (strikes) - Round 2, 2:40

Codie Shuffield  def.  Anthony Lemon  
submission (rear-naked choke) - Round 2, 2:15

Brian Hall  def.  Cortez Phelia  
TKO (punches) - Round 3, 0:24

Last edited by MR.WILLIE on Sat May 17, 2014 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
wekka
wekka

Bellator 120: Rampage vs. King Mo Results & Discussion Empty Re: Bellator 120: Rampage vs. King Mo Results & Discussion

Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:25 pm
anddddd it's already better than the original plan for PPV.

Bellator's reign begins May 17th
Realidea
Realidea

Bellator 120: Rampage vs. King Mo Results & Discussion Empty Re: Bellator 120: Rampage vs. King Mo Results & Discussion

Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:37 pm
Wonder who else will be on the card. I hope eddie wins and resigns with Bellator
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:47 pm
They need to get some Glory fighters on this PPV; Spong, Kharitonov,...
MR.WILLIE

Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:53 pm
CDF47 wrote:They need to get some Glory fighters on this PPV; Spong, Kharitonov,...
maybe sergei but spong has an mma deal with wsof

CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:58 am
MR.WILLIE wrote:
CDF47 wrote:They need to get some Glory fighters on this PPV; Spong, Kharitonov,...
maybe sergei but spong has an mma deal with wsof

If it's a Glory MMA fight might be a loop hole since he has a contract with them. I wonder how his Glory and WSOF contracts are written.
stu3ufc
stu3ufc

Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:17 am

do you really think Spong who is signed in a contract with WSOF and glory is gonna appear on a upcoming Bellator show then you can think again.

Sergei should stick with Glory.

I hope Patricio Pitbull vs Strauss/ Curran is on this also
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:50 pm
stu3ufc wrote:

do you really think Spong who is signed in a contract with WSOF and glory is gonna appear on a upcoming Bellator show then you can think again.

Actually, before Glory got the Spike deal, Bjorn mentioned cross-promoting with them. There were news articles on this. You would actually have to read how Spong's WSOF and Glory contracts are written to see if there were some way to work this out. If it were a Bellator/Glory cross-promotion and there was a work around where his MMA fight was for Glory, may be able to pull it off. Wouldn't know unless each contract was known.
MR.WILLIE

Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:32 pm
CDF47 wrote:
stu3ufc wrote:

Actually, before Glory got the Spike deal, Bjorn mentioned cross-promoting with them.  There were news articles on this.  You would actually have to read how Spong's WSOF and Glory contracts are written to see if there were some way to work this out.  If it were a Bellator/Glory cross-promotion and there was a work around where his MMA fight was for Glory, may be able to pull it off.  Wouldn't know unless each contract was known.

Spong has an exclusive mma deal with wsof, recently extended for 4 more fights, that's at least 2 more years with them
TeamJohnPerretti
TeamJohnPerretti

Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:36 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote: Spong has an exclusive mma deal with wsof, recently extended for 4 more fights, that's at least 2 more years with them

I don't see WSOF being around a year from now.

I find the shows to be underwhelming.
MR.WILLIE

Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:18 pm
Bellator MMA’s debut event on pay-per-view has a new addition, and the event will take place near one of the fighter’s hometowns.

Officials today announced that Memphis-born Quinton Jackson (34-11 MMA, 2-0 BMMA) will met Muhammed Lawal (12-3 MMA, 4-2 UFC) in the Season 10 light-heavyweight tournament final at the May 17 event.

The show, which also features a previously announced headliner and trilogy bout between lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez and Michael Chandler, takes place at Landers Center in Southaven, Miss., just outside Memphis. The PPV main card is expected to follow prelims on Spike TV.

Tickets for the event go on sale Friday.

“I’ve been wanting to come back to Memphis for the last decade, and I’m finally getting that chance to fight in one of the biggest fights of my career for Bellator,” Jackson stated. “After being part of the Bellator family for a while now, I feel like the old ‘Rampage,’ and that’s not a good thing for Mo. I’m back, I’m a monster, and I’m looking to put on another entertaining fight for all my fans on May 17.”

Jackson and Lawal, longtime rivals (though part real and part manufactured), recently took part in the Season 10 tourney’s opening round. The field included just four competitors, and Jackson knocked out former champ Christian M’Pumbu (watch the Bellator 110 video highlights) while Lawal scored a shutout decision win over Mikhail Zayats.

Jackson, a former UFC champion who’s now 2-0 since a move to Bellator, is ranked No. 13 in the USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA light-heavyweight rankings. Lawal, an ex-Strikeforce titleholder who’s an honorable mention in the rankings, moved to 3-1 in his past four fights with the Zayats win.

“We now have two fights on this card that are absolute fireworks,” Bellator Chairman and CEO Bjorn Rebney stated. “Like I said before, we have Alvarez and Chandler headlining a card that will end the best trilogy ever in MMA, and now we’ve added two more superstars to the mix with ‘Rampage’ and ‘King Mo.’ May 17 is going to be an absolutely huge night for Bellator, live on pay-per-view.”
Mmajunkie.com
MR.WILLIE

Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:21 pm
Bellator 120: Rampage vs. King Mo Results & Discussion Bfca
MR.WILLIE

Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:18 am
who else do you expect in the ppv?????
backdoor to zuffa
backdoor to zuffa

Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:24 am
Alvarez surprised me in the rematch. I thought Chandler had risen to another level since their first fight and that Alvarez may not be the same after that night, but he proved me wrong. He is among the most mentally tough fighters in the sport. Chandler will have to finish him to win. Otherwise, I see Alvarez outlasting him to another decision victory.
MR.WILLIE

Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:23 pm
"I'll be competing May 17th on the Bellator PPV card and I'm looking for sponsors. DM me if interested or know of someone that maybe interes…" - @illwillbrooks86 3/25/2014 12:48pm https://twitter.com/illwillbrooks86/...01809494360064

Will brooks in the ppv
wekka
wekka

Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:31 pm
Brooks vs Sass, hopefully. Might be too risky, though.
Sonatine
Sonatine

Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:33 pm
Brooks-Jansen makes more sense. Both are tournament winners, and it could give them a #1 contendership.
wekka
wekka

Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:50 pm
Sonatine wrote:Brooks-Jansen makes more sense. Both are tournament winners, and it could give them a #1 contendership.

I forgot all about Jansen. There's a serious logjam at 155 and below with all these immediate rematches.
MR.WILLIE

Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:56 pm
Season nine lightweight tournament winner Will Brooks will take a fight before getting his title shot as he will meet Nate Jolly at Bellator 120 on May 17th.

The fight booking was announced by Bellator on Tuesday afternoon and this bout will be one of the fights on the pay-per-view broadcast.

Bellator 120 will come from the Landers Center in Southaven, Mississippi and will be headlined by Eddie Alvarez defending the lightweight title against Michael Chandler.

Brooks (13-1) defeated Alexander Sarnavskiy during season nine to win the lightweight tournament and secure his title shot. He is currently on a four fight winning streak and won five fights in Bellator during 2013.

“I’m so happy to be getting back in that cage,” Brooks said. “I would be lying if I said I didn’t have my sights set on Alvarez vs. Chandler III, just like everyone else, but at the same time I know how focused I am for this next fight. I’m really looking at this fight as more of a blessing than anything else. What some people don’t understand is when you get into that tournament, you are doing everything you can to get through it healthy and keep racking up those wins.”

“My coaches and I came in with a game plan for the tournament, and while it obviously paid off, I know there are so many adjustments I still want to make to my game, and I want to show my fans the sort of skills I have. With a full training camp under my belt, I know I’m going to take my game to the next level and really show fans how my game has evolved.”

Jolly (13-5) will be making his Bellator debut against Brooks and has won three of his last four fights. His most recent win came in October at XFC 26 as he defeated Gerric Hayes by unanimous decision.

“I’m coming into this fight with really nothing to lose,” Jolly said. “I’m pumped to be able to fight for Bellator on such a big stage and against a guy that I feel I match up very well against. I always want to fight the best, and I know Will is very well rounded, and I will need to be on top of my game, which will raise my skills as well. It’s going to be a great scrap, and I can’t wait to get it going on May 17th.”

The current Bellator 120: Alvarez vs. Chandler III card is below.

Eddie Alvarez (25-3) vs. Michael Chandler (12-1)
Quinton Jackson (34-11) vs. Muhammed Lawal (12-3, 1NC)
Will Brooks (13-1) vs. Nate Jolly (13-5)

Themmareport.com
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:47 pm
^Looking good. Need some GLORY fighters on there.
MR.WILLIE

Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:30 pm
Alexander Shlemenko will do battle with Tito Ortiz at Bellator’s inaugural pay-per-view.

Sherdog.com confirmed the booking with sources close to the matchup after Shlemenko posted a video online Thursday night challenging Ortiz to a fight at the May 17 event. Sherdog’s sources confirmed the matchup off the record because Bellator officials have not yet formally announced the bout.

Bellator’s pay-per-view debut takes place at the Landers Center in Southaven, Miss., and is headlined by a lightweight title rubber match between Eddie Alvarez and Michael Chandler. The show will additionally feature the Season 10 light heavyweight tournament final, as Quinton Jackson takes on Muhammed Lawal.

Bellator’s reigning middleweight champion, Shlemenko won the title last year by stopping Maiquel Jose Falcao Goncalves at Bellator 88. “Storm” then went on to defend the belt three times successfully, besting Brett Cooper and Doug Marshall before submitting Brennan Ward last month to earn his 50th professional victory.

Ortiz, meanwhile, has not competed since July 2012, when he was sent into retirement by Forrest Griffin at UFC 148. However, the UFC hall of famer then signed with Bellator last year, accepting a match with another former UFC champion in Quinton Jackson. That light heavyweight showdown was supposed to headline a pay-per-view in November, but Ortiz was forced to withdraw from the fight due to a neck injury, prompting Bellator officials to shift the card to Spike TV.

Sherdog.com
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:58 pm
Interesting is this catchweight,mw,orlhw?

Tito has enough grappling and gas left to ground and grapple fuck shlemenko but we have all seen Tito can't take body shots and shlemenko is a master of them.

I mean why not take advantage of Tito's name???

I highly doubt this will be fir the mw strap so hey.....

Basically a superfight I'm not opposed to it.

Just trying to get people interested in the ppv and its working.

Fuck the naysayers ufc put on a bunch of dumb matches with Tito before releasing him.
fka
fka

Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:24 pm
Shlemenko vs Tito more interesting then Tito vs Forrest LOL

This will be a fun ppv
MR.WILLIE

Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:36 pm
Full lhw fight, Tito vs storm At 205
fka
fka

Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:38 pm
Wow heard it was catchweight at 195 but just heard from bjorn himself it's 205

Storm is a boss should be pretty damn good fight.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum