GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bellator 120: Rampage vs. King Mo Results & Discussion

+20
Rizin=PRIDEFC
Hamilcar
PRIDE4EVER
bobafett55
adam
JimGunn
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
Adax
God of Thunder
cboone
NorthWestMex
fka
Sonatine
backdoor to zuffa
TeamJohnPerretti
stu3ufc
CDF47
Realidea
wekka
MR.WILLIE
24 posters
Go down
Realidea
Realidea

Bellator 120: Rampage vs. King Mo Results & Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Bellator 120: Rampage vs. King Mo Results & Discussion

Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:15 am
First: What a dumb promo they did with Storm. It was painfully bad. 

Second: What a dumb and point less fight this is. You have a guy who hasn't won a fight in god knows how long fighting your MW champions who really could be a WW at LHW. There is no good in this fight
MR.WILLIE

Bellator 120: Rampage vs. King Mo Results & Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Bellator 120: Rampage vs. King Mo Results & Discussion

Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:37 pm
Sounds like the plan is to have the season 10 HW tourney final between Volkov and Ivanov on the Bellator 120 prelims on Spike. During the post fight press conference (video here) Bjorn said the plan is to have the fight on the Spike prelims. At 10:25 of the video he is asked about the fight and he says "Yeah, we'll probably do that final on the Spike pre-show to the pay-per-view on May 17th."

Later on at 11:50 he is asked about the PPV and other possible fights and Bjorn said "we haven't announced everything yet. But there's uh, I think we've got a couple more fights to fill it out. When you say the pay-per-view, it's like, there's five fights on the pay-per-view and then four fights on the Spike show that'll be the preview to the pay-per-view. So, I think we've got four of the five done on the pay-per-view, and maybe five of five on the Spike show. But it's coming together great. I mean it's coming together really well."

Main Card (Live on PPV):
Main Event: Alvarez vs. Chandler III for the Lightweight Title
Co-Main: Rampage vs. King Mo (Season 10 LHW Final)
Tito Ortiz vs. Alexander Shlemenko @ Light Heavyweight
Will Brooks vs. Nate Jolly @ Lightweight
Unannounced PPV fight

Prelims (Live on Spike):
Alexander Volkov vs. Blagoi Ivanov (Season 10 HW Final)*

*Not officially scheduled yet
MR.WILLIE

Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:40 pm
Themmareport.com

Bellator 116 Post Fight Press Conference

There is the video!

in the name of god, how can Nate jolly who nobody gives a fuck about this guy is in the Ppv and volkov vs Ivanov that should be a really good one not! Dumb move IMO, but as a fan the better fight will be free, not sure what fights will round up the Ppv yet
MR.WILLIE

Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:13 pm
Michael Venom Page ‏@Michaelpage247 14h
My next fight will be on the PPV Bellator card on May 17th pic.twitter.com/QTraezJey7

Venom added
MR.WILLIE

Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:24 pm
Michael 'Venom" Page vs Ricky Rainey targeted for PPV

Apparently Will be part on the main card according to venom!
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:25 pm
Shlemenko should destroy Tito
MR.WILLIE

Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:08 pm
Bellator MMA’s first pay-per-view continues to take shape with the addition of the final main-card bout, plus four preliminary-card fights – including a pair of tournament finals.

The promotion on Friday announced that Bellator 120 will feature an opening main-card fight between Michael Page (5-0 MMA, 1-0 BMMA) and Ricky Rainey (7-2 MMA, 1-0 BMMA), plus prelim fights between Blagoi Ivanov (11-0 MMA, 6-0 BMMA) and Alexander Volkov (21-4 MMA, 5-1 BMMA) in the Season 10 heavyweight tournament final and Marcin Held (18-3 MMA, 7-2 BMMA) vs. Patricky Freire (13-5 MMA, 6-4 BMMA) in the lightweight tournament final.

In addition, the prelims will feature a featherweight bout between Mike Richman (16-4 MMA, 5-3 BMMA) and Goiti Yamauchi (16-2 MMA, 2-1 BMMA) and a heavyweight fight between Cheick Kongo (20-9-2 MMA, 2-1 BMMA) and Eric Smith (6-1 MMA, 0-0 BMMA).

Bellator 120 takes place May 17 at Landers Center in Southaven, Miss., just outside of Memphis. The event will be the promotion’s first pay-per-view, and preliminary card fights will air on Spike TV, the promotion’s regular broadcast home.

Highly touted British prospect Page will fight under the Bellator banner for the second time. All five of his wins are by first-round stoppage, including a 10-second knockout of Ryan Sanders at Bellator 93. Rainey has won four of his past five fights and will look to spoil Page’s perfect pro start.

Volkov reached the heavyweight final with a head-kick knockout of Siala-Mou Siliga at Bellator 116 a week ago. The former heavyweight champ will go for his third straight looking to get another crack at a title. Ivanov stayed unbeaten when he took out Lavar Johnson on the same card with a keylock in the first round.

On Friday night, Freire stayed hot by stopped Derek Campos in the second round at Bellator 117 to advance to the final against Held, who submitted Derek Anderson with a second-round triangle to win his third straight, as well.

The latest Bellator 120 card now includes:

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)

Champ Eddie Alvarez vs. Michael Chandler – for lightweight title
Quinton Jackson vs. Muhammed Lawal – light-heavyweight tournament final
Tito Ortiz vs. Alexander Shlemenko – non-title fight
Will Brooks vs. Nate Jolly
Michael Page vs. Ricky Rainy
PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV)

Cheick Kongo vs. Eric Smith
Blagoi Ivanov vs. Alexander Volkov – heavyweight tournament final
Marcin Held vs. Patricky Freire – lightweight tournament final
Mike Richman vs. Goiti Yamauchi

Mmajunkie.com
Sonatine
Sonatine

Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:47 pm
Pitbull-Held and Ivanov-Volkov should be on the PPV. Or at least have Brooks and Dave Jansen in a #1 contenders bout (to clog up the list of 155lbs contenders less). If I were matchmaker, I would organise that PPV card into something spectacular rather than have a couple of meaningless fights clog up the card (like you do with zoofa PPVs on a regular basis).
MR.WILLIE

Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:01 pm
Eddie Alvarez (25-3) vs. Michael Chandler (12-1) III - Lightweight Title
Rampage (34-11) vs. King Mo (12-3) - Season 10 Light Heavyweight Final
Alexander Shlemenko (50-7) vs. Tito Ortiz (16-11-1) - Light Heavyweight
Will Brooks (13-1) vs. Nate Jolly (13-5) - Lightweight
Venom Page (5-0) vs. Ricky Rainey (7-2) - Welterweight
Prelims: (Spike TV)
Blagoi Ivanov (11-0) vs. Alexander Volkov (21-4) - Season 10 Heavyweight Final
Patricky Pitbull (13-5) vs. Marcin Held (18-3) - Season 10 Lightweight Final
Chieck Kongo (20-9-2) vs. Eric Smith (6-1) - Heavyweight
Mike Richman (16-4) vs. Goiti Yamauchi (16-2) - Featherweight
Pre-Prelims: (Spike.com)
Zach Underwood (12-5) vs. Austin Lyons (10-3) - Featherweight
Justin Frazier (6-1) vs. Mike Wessel (13-7) - Heavyweight
Ben Brewer (6-1) vs. Andy Uhrich (8-4) - Welterweight
Anthony Lemon (2-3) vs. Codie Shuffield (4-0) - Welterweight
Cortez Phelia (2-0) vs. Brian Hall (7-2) - Bantamweight
NorthWestMex
NorthWestMex

Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:44 am
Yea if Ivanov vs Volkov & Pitbull vs Held were on the PPV I would have for sure bought it. Now the PPV only has 2 good fights smh horrible move!
cboone
cboone

Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:25 am
NorthWestMex wrote:Yea if Ivanov vs Volkov & Pitbull vs Held were on the PPV I would have for sure bought it. Now the PPV only has 2 good fights smh horrible move!

I fully agree....they really botched the match placement for this card.  If the two aforementioned matches were on the PPV, I would defintely buy it.  Nothing against the fighters in the first two fights of the PPV card, but I would feel like a real Mark paying for a PPV with them on it.

The first two matches make it seem like any other card on Spike rather than a PPV level event.

Now my mindset is to just watch the prelims and say to heck with the PPV.
MR.WILLIE

Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:31 pm
Tito Ortiz will likely have a major weight advantage on his side when he meets Bellator middleweight champion Alexander Shlemenko in a light heavyweight bout that’s being planned for Bellator’s May 17 pay-per-view event.

Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney joined the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show on Wednesday to discuss the matchup, Shlemenko’s eagerness to fight Ortiz and more.

On whether the fight is official: “I’m probably a step away, a day away from getting final approval from the commission. We’re making it obviously at 205 because Shlemenko said, ‘I don’t care. I’ll go up to whatever weight he wants to fight at. It makes no difference to me.’ We’re probably a step away from official, but all indications are we’re going to make it happen. It’ll be the third fight on the pay-per-view.”

On the weight difference: “It’s 20 pounds on paper, but legitimately, Shlemenko walks around at 190. He’s a guy who cuts four pounds, who stops eating big meals a day and a half before the fight to cut four pounds of water weight to make 185. He’s a typical Eastern European fighter who’s not interested in the cut. By the time that fight goes into the cage, you’re probably looking at a 30-, 35-pound weight disparity between Tito and Alexander. I think that’s what gives a lot of the punch behind that big fight that we’ve got coming up in May.”

On Ortiz’s health: “Tito is Tito. Love or hate Tito, people always have an opinion and are interested in seeing what he does and where he goes and what happens. I think the important thing for me, and Tito articulated it pretty well, was we had to make sure he was OK. There was a long delay in getting all the necessary approvals, but we went to one of the foremost doctors in the world in terms of back and neck injury and spinal issues and neck issues, and we finally got a complete, clear-cut approval for him to go. He’s at no greater risk than anybody else that might step into the cage that’s a top athlete. … He’s in good shape. He’s been training.”

On fans embracing Shlemenko: “Numbers don’t lie. You track quarter-hours and you track ratings. Shlemenko versus [Brennan] Ward did great numbers for us. … Shlemenko, obviously, [has] 50 wins. He’s not even 30 years old. Now he’s challenged Tito Ortiz and he’s going to be fighting in a huge show for us. That guy’s going to turn over numbers, but it’s the spinning back fists, it’s his amazingly exciting style, coupled with the fact that he’s got that whole Drago persona. Literally, we’ve had the guy signed for four years and I think I’ve seen him smile three times.”

Sherdogs.com
fka
fka
http://mmaplayground.com,global-mma.com

Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:22 pm
Ppv starts at 35$

I will DEFINITELY buy

I agree on the whole Prelims fiasco bit I've had time to reflect...

They want Prelims to be a kickstart to the ppv so having 2 high stature fights on Prelims is to set the tone and get people fired up for main.

I'm glad bellator isn't going straight in to 60$ ppv model.
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:36 pm
Promo

Adax

Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:30 pm
fka wrote:Ppv starts at 35$

I will DEFINITELY buy

I agree on the whole Prelims fiasco bit I've had time to reflect...

They want Prelims to be a kickstart to the ppv so having 2 high stature fights on Prelims is to set the tone and get people fired up for main.

I'm glad bellator isn't going straight in to 60$ ppv model.

Yeah the way they laid the card out is pretty understandable, it's all about hooking you with those tourney finals. 35$ for that main card is very reasonable for PPV compared the watered down Rousey and Jones cards the UFC sells for far too much.
Adax

Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:33 pm
kayneoTheRisingWarrior
kayneoTheRisingWarrior

Wed May 07, 2014 4:52 pm
Countdown to Alvarez vs Chandler 

MR.WILLIE

Sat May 10, 2014 12:22 pm
Michael Chandler will compete at Bellator 120, but not against Eddie Alvarez.

Sherdog.com on Friday confirmed with a source close to the booking that Will Brooks will replace Alvarez at the May 17 event, which takes place at Landers Center in Southaven, Miss. The card will air on pay-per-view, and the prelims will air live on Spike TV.

Although he did not confirm the report that Alvarez was out of May 17’s bout with Chandler, Spike TV President Kevin Kay issued a statement to Sherdog.com via text message:

“Spike’s only concern right now is the health and well being of one of our top fighters.”

Bellator 120 will also see Quinton Jackson lock horns with Muhammed Lawal in the company’s Season 10 light heavyweight tournament final, while Tito Ortiz takes on reigning middleweight champion Alexander Shlemenko in another 205-pound attraction.

Brooks, 27, rides a four-fight winning streak into his showdown with Chandler. After coming up short in the Season 8 tournament, Brooks rebounded with a trio of dominant decision victories in Season 9, besting John Alessio, Saad Awad and Alexander Sarnavskiy to capture the tournament crown.

Chandler won the Bellator lightweight title from Alvarez in November 2011 and then defended the belt successfully twice before handing the gold back to Alvarez in his most recent in-cage appearance, which resulted in a split decision defeat last November at Bellator 106.

After losing the title to Chandler, Alvarez went on a three-fight winning streak, knocking out Shinya Aoki and Patricky Freire before edging Chandler in just the fourth decision win of his 28-fight career.

This item was updated at 11:53 a.m. ET Saturday morning to add a statement from Spike President Kevin Kay.

Sherdogs.com
Adax

Sat May 10, 2014 6:41 pm
Chandler vs. Brooks is still a solid fight. It's good Bellator can have high level replacements come in for the big fights thanks to their tournaments.
MR.WILLIE

Mon May 12, 2014 7:38 pm
There are no UFC events this week, but Bellator is making its PPV debut on Saturday night. It's certainly not the debut they wanted, as they've lost Eddie Alvarez/Michael Chandler 3 due to an Alvarez concussion, so Chandler is fighting Will Brooks for the interim LW title in the co-main event, while Rampage Jackson vs. King Mo occupies the main event spot. A heavyweight tournament final between Alexander Volkov and Blagoi Ivanov has moved up to the PPV broadcast. The middle of the main card includes middleweight champ Alexander Shlemenko against Tito Ortiz at 205 lbs, and welterweight Michael Page versus Ricky Rainey.

Meanwhile on the prelims, Patricky Pitbull is unable to make the May 17th date against Marcin Held, so that lightweight tournament final has been scrapped. Bellator has replaced it with Shahbuhlat Shamhalaev and Fabricio Guerreiro. There's no word on which fight from the streamed prelims will be bumped to the Spike TV broadcast.

Here's the full fight card for Bellator 120, which is being held at the Landers Center in Southaven, Missisippi:

Main Card (PPV, 10 PM ET)

Quinton Jackson vs. Muhammed Lawal (Bellator LHW Tournament Final)
Michael Chandler vs. Will Brooks (Bellator Interim LW Title)
Tito Ortiz vs. Alexander Shlemenko (Light Heavyweight bout)
Michael Page vs. Ricky Rainey
Alexander Volkov vs. Blagoi Ivanov (Bellator HW Tournament Final)

Preliminary Card (Spike, 8 PM ET)

Shahbulat Shamhalaev vs. Fabricio Guerreiro

Preliminary Card (Spike.com stream, time TBA)

Zach Underwood vs. Austin Lyons
Justin Frazier vs. Mike Wessel
Ben Brewer vs. Andy Uhrich
Anthony Lemon vs. Codie Shuffield
Cortez Phelia vs. Brian Hall
MR.WILLIE

Tue May 13, 2014 3:27 pm
Although he lost his original opponent just a week before the show, Nate Jolly will remain on Saturday’s Bellator 120 lineup.

Officials today announced Jolly (13-5 MMA, 0-0 BMMA), who was scheduled to fight Will Brooks (13-1 MMA, 5-1 BMMA) until Brooks replaced Eddie Alvarez in a main-card fight with Michael Chandler (12-1 MMA, 9-1 BMMA), will now meet fellow Marcin Held (18-3 MMA, 7-2 BMMA) on Saturday’s card.

The fight is scheduled as a 158-pound catchweight affair.

Bellator 120 takes place at Landers Center in Southaven, Miss. Jolly vs. Held is part of the Spike TV-televised prelims, which precede the night’s pay-per-view main card.

Jolly, an Ohio-based fighter, makes his promotional debut at the event. The 31-year-old XFC vet is 3-1 in his past four fights, and most recently, he scored a decision victory over Gerric Hayes in October. Although he suffered losses against the bigger names he’s faced, Jolly has already tested himself against top-level competition like Jamie Varner and Dustin Poirier.

Held, meanwhile, is a noted submission specialist who tapped out Derek Anderson this past month in a Season 10 lightweight tournament semifinal (he meets Patricky Freire in the tourney final later this year). It was the third straight win for the 22-year-old Polish fighter, who has 10 submissions in 18 career wins.

The official Bellator 120 lineup includes:

MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)

Quinton Jackson vs. Muhammed Lawal – light heavyweight tournament final
Will Brooks vs. Michael Chandler – for interim lightweight title
Tito Ortiz vs. Alexander Shlemenko – non-title fight
Michael Page vs. Ricky Rainey
Blagoi Ivanov vs. Alexander Volkov – heavyweight tournament final
PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike TV, 8 p.m. ETP

Marcin Held vs. Nate Jolly
Fabricio Guerreiro vs. Shahbulat Shamhalaev
PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike.com, 6 p.m. ET)

Austin Lyons vs. Zach Underwood
Justin Frazier vs. Mike Wessel
Ben Brewer vs. Andy Uhrich
Anthony Lemon vs. Codie Shuffield
Brian Hall vs. Cortez Phelia

Mmajunkie.com
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Wed May 14, 2014 4:57 pm
Tbh I don´t care much for Alvarez and his fight against Chandler. Volkov vs Ivanov, Page vs Mo and Shlemenko vs Ortiz are way more interesting.
wekka
wekka

Wed May 14, 2014 5:05 pm
Golden Age wrote:Tbh I don´t care much for Alvarez and his fight against Chandler. Volkov vs Ivanov, Page vs Mo and Shlemenko vs Ortiz are way more interesting.

I agree with the fact that this is still a solid card and ppv worthy on ability rather than pure name value, but I don't see how anyone wouldn't care for Alvarez/Chandler III. The first two fights were bonafide classics!
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Wed May 14, 2014 5:09 pm
wekka wrote:
Golden Age wrote:Tbh I don´t care much for Alvarez and his fight against Chandler. Volkov vs Ivanov, Page vs Mo and Shlemenko vs Ortiz are way more interesting.

I agree with the fact that this is still a solid card and ppv worthy on ability rather than pure name value, but I don't see how anyone wouldn't care for Alvarez/Chandler III. The first two fights were bonafide classics!
Yeah I would enjoy the fight but I can´t feel the hype. Alvarez acting like an idiot turns me off plus I´m more into the bigger guys. Alvarez getting KOed cold would be sweet  Smile 
God of Thunder
God of Thunder

Bellator 120: Rampage vs. King Mo Results & Discussion - Page 2 Empty Bellator 120 Rampage vs King Mo Live Stream

Fri May 16, 2014 5:12 pm
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum