GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
nathanli

Cage Warriors 67: Johns vs. Brum 04.12.14 (Official Discussion) Empty Cage Warriors 67: Johns vs. Brum 04.12.14 (Official Discussion)

Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:59 pm
Cage Warriors Fighting Championship will return to Wales in April for a bantamweight title fight.

Wales’ own Brett Johns (9-0) will put his bantamweight title on the line against James Brum (14-2) in the main event of Cage Warriors 67. The promotion announced the new event and headliner on Monday.

Cage Warriors 67 takes place April 12 at The LC in Swansea, Wales. The main card will stream on MMAjunkie following prelims on Cage Warriors’ Facebook page.

The fight between the two originally was scheduled for Cage Warriors 62 this past December. But Johns was forced out of the fight with an injury.

Johns won Cage Warriors’ single-night four-man bantamweight tournament this past fall by beating David Haggstrom by unanimous decision, then Jordan Desborough by a split call. The unbeaten judo black belt is 4-0 under the Cage Warriors banner.

“I’m really thankful to Cage Warriors for giving me the chance to defend my belt in my hometown,” Johns stated. “I’m training harder than ever and I’ll do whatever it takes to keep the gold around my waist. … (Brum has) been one of the best fighters in Britain for years, and it will be good to throw down with him.”

Brum gets his crack at the title on the streak of an eight-fight winning streak, including a perfect 7-0 for Cage Warriors. In December, he took a unanimous decision from Marat Pekov at Cage Warriors 61, a fight he took after Johns had to pull out of their originally scheduled title bout. Brum’s most recent loss came in September 2011, when he was submitted by current UFC standout Erik Perez.

The England native recently began training with the crew at the famed Team Alpha Male in Sacramento, Calif.

“I’ve been training with the best pound-for-pound fighters in the world at Team Alpha Male in preparation for this fight, and I’ve told the boys that I’ll be bringing my new shiny gold belt with me when I return to California,” Brum stated. - MMAJunkie.com
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum