GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GLOBAL-MMA Rankings (Outside Zuffa) - October 2012

+9
nodogoshi
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
timbercutter
Dagwood
IQ Wrestler
MR.WILLIE
ZuffaKiller
KSW
CDF47
13 posters
Go down
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

GLOBAL-MMA Rankings (Outside Zuffa) - October 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: GLOBAL-MMA Rankings (Outside Zuffa) - October 2012

Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:00 pm
CDF47 wrote:
Oh yeah, I am familiar with him. He is the guy that landed the Rock Bottom. Sweet that he signed with Bellator. Does he have a fight scheduled? I can revise the October rankings to put him in based on his 17 Sept. win or wait until his first Bellator fight to add him in. Every ranking placement is based on the last fight or else fighters would just get randomly moved around.

I don't think Minakow has fight scheduled yet. I'd say wait until his debut in Bellator to give him another look again for your rankings.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

GLOBAL-MMA Rankings (Outside Zuffa) - October 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: GLOBAL-MMA Rankings (Outside Zuffa) - October 2012

Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:07 pm
Dagwood wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Oh yeah, I am familiar with him. He is the guy that landed the Rock Bottom. Sweet that he signed with Bellator. Does he have a fight scheduled? I can revise the October rankings to put him in based on his 17 Sept. win or wait until his first Bellator fight to add him in. Every ranking placement is based on the last fight or else fighters would just get randomly moved around.

I don't think Minakow has fight scheduled yet. I'd say wait until his debut in Bellator to give him another look again for your rankings.

Even better, I just thought, the Bellator HW semi-finals are 02 November so if one of the lower ranked HWs like Vinicius Kappke de Queiroz or Richard Hale loses they will drop from the rankings which will make room for Minakov. The next rankings update is 04 November (1st Sunday of the month) so I will be able to get him in then. The only problem would be if they both won since Volkov and Santos are ranked so high they would not drop off. I think that is unlikely though so he will probably make it into the November rankings. If any other low ranking HW drops off this month, Minakov will make it in as well.

Thanks.
Dagwood
Dagwood

Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:09 pm
CDF47 wrote:
Dagwood wrote:I'm gonna keep pushing him again... but Adam Khaliev is a better fighter than a few on the WW list. For sure the bottom 2-3.

Just added him to the others list on PC to remind me to bring him up after his next fight. Will he be fighting for Bellator as well or League S-70?

Sherdog has him listed as a MW which is where I just listed him.

No Khalilev isn't coming overseas yet and he doesn't have any fights scheduled that I know of. Hopefully soon. He's chosen to grapple a lot for his last fights cause like a boss he'll fight wherever the fight goes. I'd like to see him get up and get his fights back standing so he can Tasmanian devil the shit out of everybody with crazy flurries of punches and kicks. Like Fedor he's not built that way though.

CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:12 pm
Dagwood wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Dagwood wrote:I'm gonna keep pushing him again... but Adam Khaliev is a better fighter than a few on the WW list. For sure the bottom 2-3.

Just added him to the others list on PC to remind me to bring him up after his next fight. Will he be fighting for Bellator as well or League S-70?

Sherdog has him listed as a MW which is where I just listed him.

No Khalilev isn't coming overseas yet and he doesn't have any fights scheduled that I know of. Hopefully soon. He's chosen to grapple a lot for his last fights cause like a boss he'll fight wherever the fight goes. I'd like to see him get up and get his fights back standing so he can Tasmanian devil the shit out of everybody with crazy flurries of punches and kicks. Like Fedor he's not built that way though.

Sounds good. As soon as someone drops off the MW rankings I will add him in or I will add him after his next fight.

I must have seen his last fight at League S-70 but I don't really remember. I know I watched most of that show back in Aug. so I must have seen him.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:03 pm
I changed the ranking rule regarding becoming number 1 if a fighter beats the number 1 ranked fighter to state the fighter will be in the top 3. This makes a little bit more sense since if Patricky beats Eddie he shouldn't be ranked over Chandler. Eddie shouldn't really be ranked over Chandler either.

"*A fighter will be ranked in the top three if he defeats the number one ranked fighter in the weight division."
KSW
KSW

Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:26 pm
CDF47 wrote:I changed the ranking rule regarding becoming number 1 if a fighter beats the number 1 ranked fighter to state the fighter will be in the top 3. This makes a little bit more sense since if Patricky beats Eddie he shouldn't be ranked over Chandler. Eddie shouldn't really be ranked over Chandler either.

"*A fighter will be ranked in the top three if he defeats the number one ranked fighter in the weight division."
That´s much better.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:22 pm
Johan Lofgren wrote:
CDF47 wrote:I changed the ranking rule regarding becoming number 1 if a fighter beats the number 1 ranked fighter to state the fighter will be in the top 3. This makes a little bit more sense since if Patricky beats Eddie he shouldn't be ranked over Chandler. Eddie shouldn't really be ranked over Chandler either.

That´s much better.

Yeah, I wish I would have changed it when we were discussing this. In one way it makes a lot of sense if you beat the top guy you become the top guy but it doesn't make sense in cases like Aoki/Alvarez or Patricky/Alvarez. Now they are still at least guaranteed top 1, 2, or 3 which is better.
Dagwood
Dagwood

Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:35 pm
^^ In my neighborhood when I grew up, if you where tough enough to knock off the 'king of the hill'... you were now on top of the hill and king of it. Just sayin'. If it was a championship they were fighting for any comer would be the new champ. Too bad Bonnar couldn't make MW. Smile
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:40 pm
Dagwood wrote:^^ In my neighborhood when I grew up, if you where tough enough to knock off the 'king of the hill'... you were now on top of the hill and king of it. Just sayin'. If it was a championship they were fighting for any comer would be the new champ. Too bad Bonnar couldn't make MW. Smile

I know. That is why I always liked that rule. If you beat the top guy you become the top guy (just as if it was a title being held).

On the other hand, there will be fights that won't make much sense; such as, if Patricky beats Eddie on Friday he would become number one even though Chandler recently defeated both of them. Same with Eddie jumping over Chandler after defeating Aoki.

You are absolutely right though. If Bonnar were to move to 185 and beat Silva he would jump the rankings and become number 1. Same when Serra beat GSP or when Edgar beat Penn.

I'm torn on this rule. I like the rule but guaranteeing top 3 is good too. It's a tough one to call. What do you think? Should we leave it as is, beating the champ makes you the champ or change it to at least guarantee top 3? I hate being a fence sitter so to prevent things like Patricky taking number one over Bellator champ Chandler if he beats Alvarez I think it should change. Chandler recently beat both Alvarez and Patricky and holds the Bellator title so I just don't think it would be fair to put Patricky over him based on a win over Alvarez. I don't think it is totally fair to have Alvarez over him as well. I think this makes the most logical sense.

Last edited by CDF47 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
nodogoshi
nodogoshi

Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:10 pm
Dagwood wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Dagwood wrote:No love for Vitaly Minakov as a HW 'other' contender???

First I heard of him. Pretty impressive start to his career at 9-0 with 8 finishes (1/2 subs and 1/2 KOs). I added him to a list on my PC to watch out for. Hopefully he gets signed by a major promotion like ONE, M-1, Bellator, KSW, WSOF,... Also, Alexei Kudin is right on the cusp of the HW contenders list. Two solid fighters at 16 and 17 rank.

Minakov recently got signed by Bellator. He was fighting in League S-70 in Russia along with many other M-1 greats. He absolutely murdered Eddie Sanchez with one atomic right hook to the side of the head. Full head shot KTFO in the air deal. Not a hit'em on the button most-HW power shot.

Minakov's 4 time World Sambo Champion. His submission wrestling is off the hook. He 'could' have the heaviest hand to come to HW MMA for a decade. He's fairly green at striking but is a killer even with short punches. This guy is the real deal and holy crap this guy's some kinda athletic specimen. Very good speed everywhere. Check out his throws in the highlights. Talk about ragdolling dudes. 8)

IMO - any G-MMA top 10 HW except Aleks or Sergie would have a lot of trouble with Vitaly. I would give him the edge over Garner and he would tool somebody like Guram standing and annihilate him with his power. I think Vitaly needs to be on the top 10 list next month.

Woah, those were some impressive finishes.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:18 pm
nodogoshi wrote:
Dagwood wrote:
CDF47 wrote:
Dagwood wrote:No love for Vitaly Minakov as a HW 'other' contender???

First I heard of him. Pretty impressive start to his career at 9-0 with 8 finishes (1/2 subs and 1/2 KOs). I added him to a list on my PC to watch out for. Hopefully he gets signed by a major promotion like ONE, M-1, Bellator, KSW, WSOF,... Also, Alexei Kudin is right on the cusp of the HW contenders list. Two solid fighters at 16 and 17 rank.

Minakov recently got signed by Bellator. He was fighting in League S-70 in Russia along with many other M-1 greats. He absolutely murdered Eddie Sanchez with one atomic right hook to the side of the head. Full head shot KTFO in the air deal. Not a hit'em on the button most-HW power shot.

Minakov's 4 time World Sambo Champion. His submission wrestling is off the hook. He 'could' have the heaviest hand to come to HW MMA for a decade. He's fairly green at striking but is a killer even with short punches. This guy is the real deal and holy crap this guy's some kinda athletic specimen. Very good speed everywhere. Check out his throws in the highlights. Talk about ragdolling dudes. 8)

IMO - any G-MMA top 10 HW except Aleks or Sergie would have a lot of trouble with Vitaly. I would give him the edge over Garner and he would tool somebody like Guram standing and annihilate him with his power. I think Vitaly needs to be on the top 10 list next month.

Woah, those were some impressive finishes.

Yup. Minakov looks like a beast. The Rock Bottom he pulls off is amazing in that vid.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:21 pm
Top KSW WW Saidov lost yesterday by TKO in the 1st round. He'll be dropped from the rankings next month.
MR.WILLIE

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:32 am

CDF47......

this guy should be ranked, he has a 29-8 record http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Petras-Markevicius-6352 with win over gegard mousasi...

check the flawless 2 post, he will fight in the states in december....

tap or snap 20 wins by submission

CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:56 pm
MR.WILLIE wrote:

CDF47......

this guy should be ranked, he has a 29-8 record http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Petras-Markevicius-6352 with win over gegard mousasi...

check the flawless 2 post, he will fight in the states in december....

tap or snap 20 wins by submission

He's in there. I got him listed in other contenders list at MW.

Sweet vid. Looking forward to seeing his upcoming fight.
Sonatine
Sonatine

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:15 pm
HW rankings: Tony Lopez beat Abdurahimov last year (But then he went to LHW in his most recent fight and lost to Ilir Latifi)
Adax

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:25 pm
^I've been a fan of Lopez for a few years now, he's made it into the G-MMA HW Rankings Other Contenders category before and with a few solid wins he could definitely hop on the rankings. Ilir is a solid contender at 205 so the the loss is not too detrimental at this time. I'd love to see Lopez in M-1 or Bellator at HW or LHW.

CDF47 wrote:Top KSW WW Saidov lost yesterday by TKO in the 1st round. He'll be dropped from the rankings next month.

FUCK! Who beat him, where? Shocked
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:38 pm
Sonatine wrote:HW rankings: Tony Lopez beat Abdurahimov last year (But then he went to LHW in his most recent fight and lost to Ilir Latifi)

Lopez is sweet. He was in there ahead of Abdurahimov in other contenders before he lost to Latifi. He is still up there on the list just outside of the other contenders list. He should sign to Bellator, ONE, M-1, KSW, or WSOF. He is a solid fighter and he has some good wins under him and a number of titles. Last yr. he was both KOTC LHW and HW champ at the same time. Hopefully he goes to one of these orgs. and puts together some good wins.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:42 pm
AudaxPowder wrote:^I've been a fan of Lopez for a few years now, he's made it into the G-MMA HW Rankings Other Contenders category before and with a few solid wins he could definitely hop on the rankings. Ilir is a solid contender at 205 so the the loss is not too detrimental at this time. I'd love to see Lopez in M-1 or Bellator at HW or LHW.

CDF47 wrote:Top KSW WW Saidov lost yesterday by TKO in the 1st round. He'll be dropped from the rankings next month.

FUCK! Who beat him, where? Shocked

He lost to Morten Djursaa by TKO in the 1st. He has an 11-4 record (all finishes 6 KOs, 5 subs) and is a WW from Denmark. The fight was in Denmark.

The fight was streaming for free on the Internet on Saturday afternoon and I just missed it. I was suprised to see that Saidov got taken out.

Last edited by CDF47 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sonatine
Sonatine

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:46 pm
I agree, the majors need to sign him.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:49 pm
Sonatine wrote:I agree, the majors need to sign him.

For sure. He has had big name fights before in outside orgs. but they are far between. A Bellator LHW tourney would be sweet or fighting for the future M-1 or ONE FC LHW belts would be awesome as well. He'd be a solid opponent for Blachowicz at KSW as well.
wekka
wekka

Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:55 pm
I'd like to bring up Jon Shores' name again for Featherweight. Since his loss against Nakayama for the King of Pancrase belt, he has a win against Guy Delumeau and a match with former LW champ, Koji Oishi. If he can pull off that victory, I think he should be a contender, fringe top eight for sure.
IQ Wrestler
IQ Wrestler

Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:19 am
I'd agree with that. The Delumeau win was a big one
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:46 pm
wekka wrote:I'd like to bring up Jon Shores' name again for Featherweight. Since his loss against Nakayama for the King of Pancrase belt, he has a win against Guy Delumeau and a match with former LW champ, Koji Oishi. If he can pull off that victory, I think he should be a contender, fringe top eight for sure.

I do have him listed but I have Pancrase champ Takumi Nakayama in front of him since he just beat him 4 months ago and he holds the org. title. His record is definitely solid but that loss for the belt set him back.
KSW
KSW

Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:17 am
Morten Djursaa should get a shot at the winner between Saidov and Mankowski.
CDF47
CDF47
G-MMA Rankings

Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:44 pm
Johan Lofgren wrote:Morten Djursaa should get a shot at the winner between Saidov and Mankowski.

Agreed. KSW needs a WW champ. The Saidov loss was a bit of a set back unless they sign Djursaa right away and setup a rematch.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum