GLOBAL MMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Biased treatment of Zuffa v Non Zuffa fighters

+14
rezin
PRIDE NEVER DIE
total finish
Dagwood
MMArx
Doku
KSW
Longtime Fan
nodogoshi
RussianTopTeam
Kinosis
CDF47
RIZIN
monaroCountry
18 posters
Go down
Dagwood
Dagwood
http://www.global-mma.com/

Biased treatment of Zuffa v Non Zuffa fighters - Page 3 Empty Re: Biased treatment of Zuffa v Non Zuffa fighters

Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:26 am
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:Why is that there are no Eastern European wrestlers in MMA? They are far better than Americans. I would love to see some people from former USSR-satellites get some exposure - maybe a debut in KSW? Who knows, maybe a decent wrestler can come over to the States and show up the GSPs of the world?

Who was the Russian who outwrestled Olympic wrestler Shalorus in Zuffa?

The old Soviet countries still treat their elite athletes pretty good. Those guys would have to take a huge drop in pay & benefits to come to MMA.

I'd luv to see them come and shut some some people up. The UFC, the cage & the unified rules were custom made for them. Really, they wouldn't have to learn to strike or submit... just to avoid strikes, TD and top control til the last bell rings. Thank you Greg Jackson. Smile
wekka
wekka

Biased treatment of Zuffa v Non Zuffa fighters - Page 3 Empty Re: Biased treatment of Zuffa v Non Zuffa fighters

Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:08 am
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:

Who was the Russian who outwrestled Olympic wrestler Shalorus in Zuffa?

Khabib Nurmagomedov
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:27 am
Really, Zuffa nutswingers like Sherdog have to make their rankings extremely biased, because Dana hates their former writers such as "creepy" Josh Gross and Loretta "Faggot" Hunt. I think this is why their rankings swing so much towards the Zuffa on the MMA spectrum. However, Dana still hates them, so it doesn't matter much. Biased treatment of Zuffa v Non Zuffa fighters - Page 3 3973136183
KSW
KSW

Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:44 am
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:Really, Zuffa nutswingers like Sherdog have to make their rankings extremely biased, because Dana hates their former writers such as "creepy" Josh Gross and Loretta "Faggot" Hunt. I think this is why their rankings swing so much towards the Zuffa on the MMA spectrum. However, Dana still hates them, so it doesn't matter much. Biased treatment of Zuffa v Non Zuffa fighters - Page 3 3973136183
What do you think about our rankings?

https://global-mma.forumotion.com/t811-global-mma-rankings-non-zuffa-feb-2012#9429
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:48 am
Johan Lofgren wrote:
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:Really, Zuffa nutswingers like Sherdog have to make their rankings extremely biased, because Dana hates their former writers such as "creepy" Josh Gross and Loretta "Faggot" Hunt. I think this is why their rankings swing so much towards the Zuffa on the MMA spectrum. However, Dana still hates them, so it doesn't matter much. Biased treatment of Zuffa v Non Zuffa fighters - Page 3 3973136183

https://global-mma.forumotion.com/t811-global-mma-rankings-non-zuffa-feb-2012#9429

Non-Zuffa rankings are a great idea! They can let people know that there are other fighters outside of the Zuffa umbrella. We should do FW/BW/FlyW soon!

I might post these on other forums, to get the word out - if you guys don't mind, of course.
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:53 am
I think the biggest problem with MMA is that there is a very tribal sort of vibe towards promotions. You do not see this in boxing or kickboxing - in fact, most people hate the promoters in these sports, but support the fighters and the SPORT. Dana is a celebrity in MMA, and this is simply not acceptable; it is like Vince McMahon being a celebrity in WWE - but at least Vince is technically a member of the show and "works" on occasion.

Dana always said he loved his business model... No

Once people start loving the sport and not the promotion/promoters, then MMA can flourish. People must realize this is a business; they're trying to make money, and will cut corners to maximize their profits...
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:54 am
Johan Lofgren wrote:

Non-Zuffa rankings are a great idea! They can let people know that there are other fighters outside of the Zuffa umbrella. We should do FW/BW/FlyW soon!

I might post these on other forums, to get the word out - if you guys don't mind, of course.
DO It.
Death to the zombies and the zuffa reich will fall.
KSW
KSW

Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:56 am
Johan Lofgren wrote:

It would be great if you have any suggestions for next months rankings. Maybe we´ll add the smaller weight classes.
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:05 pm
Sounds good. Smile
KSW
KSW

Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:33 pm
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:I think the biggest problem with MMA is that there is a very tribal sort of vibe towards promotions. You do not see this in boxing or kickboxing - in fact, most people hate the promoters in these sports, but support the fighters and the SPORT. Dana is a celebrity in MMA, and this is simply not acceptable; it is like Vince McMahon being a celebrity in WWE - but at least Vince is technically a member of the show and "works" on occasion.

Dana always said he loved his business model... No

Once people start loving the sport and not the promotion/promoters, then MMA can flourish. People must realize this is a business; they're trying to make money, and will cut corners to maximize their profits...
Thanks man for speaking the truth about promotions. Fans need to support the fighters first of all. One promotion/company beeing the face of a whole sport is fucked up. Zuffa can do whatever they want to the fighters because there´s no option. Fuck Dana and the mafia bros. UFC is just a promotion/brand not an international mma organization.
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:48 pm
People always say MMA is a completely different business model than boxing and K-1 - WHY? Why must it be like this? MMA is basically closer to WWE - not a sport but sports entertainment - than it is to boxing, which is a SPORT above all and in the Olympics...

KSW
KSW

Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:53 pm
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:People always say MMA is a completely different business model than boxing and K-1 - WHY? Why must it be like this? MMA is basically closer to WWE - not a sport but sports entertainment - than it is to boxing, which is a SPORT above all and in the Olympics...

Exactly! I think it would be best if there were several equally big promotions from different parts of the world who would compete for the chance to sign good fighters. Then they could co-promote to put on legendary titlefights in different parts of the world. Fighters would be in focus, not the brand and the fighter pay would go up. Maybe there could be an international mma organization to supervise the sport and promotions.
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:59 pm
The more popular MMA becomes, the more money will come in, and then promotions will arise to compete with UFC. Their foothold cannot last forever. Even the Roman Empire fell, right?

I think the FOX/FX/FUEL TV deal will destroy the UFC.

KSW
KSW

Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:03 pm
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:The more popular MMA becomes, the more money will come in, and then promotions will arise to compete with UFC. Their foothold cannot last forever. Even the Roman Empire fell, right?

I sure hope so, I love the UFC fighters but.. I don´t want Zuffa to hold them as hostages like Shamrock said.
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:07 pm
I dislike what Shamrock has become, and disagree with him a lot, especially concerning the steroid scandal, which tarnished his name; however, what he said on ESPN was the truth and he should be applauded for speaking out, even as a "UFC Hall of Famer." (Even if the HoF is a joke: how can a promotion have a HoF? Garbage.)
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:08 pm
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:The more popular MMA becomes, the more money will come in, and then promotions will arise to compete with UFC. Their foothold cannot last forever. Even the Roman Empire fell, right?

I have noticed they seem to be slowly losing some of the casual fans. I remember back in 09 or 10. You would see tapout shirts everywhere, and bars had every ppv. Now you dont see them nearly as much and alot of bars stopped completly or only show some of the ppv's. Not to mention their rising ppv prices and overall lame cards on free tv are not helping. FALL FALL FALL!!!!!!!!
KSW
KSW

Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:07 pm
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:I dislike what Shamrock has become, and disagree with him a lot, especially concerning the steroid scandal, which tarnished his name; however, what he said on ESPN was the truth and he should be applauded for speaking out, even as a "UFC Hall of Famer." (Even if the HoF is a joke: how can a promotion have a HoF? Garbage.)
Shamrock was spot on in that interview Shocked UFC HOF is down the fookin toilet.
PRIDE NEVER DIE
PRIDE NEVER DIE

Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:39 pm
Johan Lofgren wrote:
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:I dislike what Shamrock has become, and disagree with him a lot, especially concerning the steroid scandal, which tarnished his name; however, what he said on ESPN was the truth and he should be applauded for speaking out, even as a "UFC Hall of Famer." (Even if the HoF is a joke: how can a promotion have a HoF? Garbage.)
Shamrock was spot on in that interview Shocked UFC HOF is down the fookin toilet.
lol JT
Sweet Pea Is My Mom
Sweet Pea Is My Mom

Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:41 pm
JT vs Pudz 3 - KSW make it happen.
conky149er
conky149er

Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:09 pm
Sweet Pea Is My Mom wrote:JT vs Pudz 3 - KSW make it happen.
Biased treatment of Zuffa v Non Zuffa fighters - Page 3 2345577715

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum